• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question Will DOLBY ATMOS benefit me?

Aug 20, 2019
I have a 5.1 system hooked up to an amplifier and a Sound Blaster Rx/5 sound card. I am wondering if I will receive a benefit with DOLBY ATMOS. I have a
Yamaha NS-SP1800BL 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker System hooked up to an amplifier and a Sound Blaster Rx/5 sound card in my computer. I am wondering if it will benefit my 5.1 system or not

(Also, in the future I plan on getting pimp headphones but will that help them or not?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
I'd ask you to try out the feature from your system though IMHO, I've had a listen to it and I didn't like it. As it stands you should be in good hands with your current setup.

Mind sharing the sort of speakers and sub you've paired with that Yamaha receiver?

Why do I get the feeling you heard about this shinny thing and wonder if you need it.

Well to start, ATMOS needs more channels, more speakers, you are looking for some major upgrade, all u can hope is to salvage existing speakers but everything will need upgrading. Then you have to decide on you own whether you want separate discrete ceiling speakers or those bounce-off ceilings good enough.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS