[SOLVED] Will drivers for a discontinued graphics card still be available?

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
According to the news, Nvidia is discontinuing the RTX 2070 Super graphic cards (or has already). I purchased this card last year September and have had a really good experience with it.

My question is: will I still be able to obtain appropriate update drivers going forward?

I am not that knowledgeable regarding equipment but have been extremely happy with the suggestions I've received from my current pc technician (local owner run store) who built my current system as well as my last two prior builds. He is really good at making sure I get the appropriate hardware that energizes with the entire build if I decide to upgrade or do a completely new build.

However, I did not want to wait a few days for him to return from vacation to ask my question. So I came here to Tom's Hardware forums because you guys rock. I've always been happy with the responses I have received from these forums and have even shared the information you have provided with my technician. In many cases he already "knew that" which leads me to believe he follows you folks too. :)

Solution
According to the news, Nvidia is discontinuing the RTX 2070 Super graphic cards (or has already). I purchased this card last year September and have had a really good experience with it.

My question is: will I still be able to obtain appropriate update drivers going forward?

I am not that knowledgeable regarding equipment but have been extremely happy with the suggestions I've received from my current pc technician (local owner run store) who built my current system as well as my last two prior builds. He is really good at making sure I get the appropriate hardware that energizes with the entire build if I decide to upgrade or do a completely new build.

However, I did not want to wait a few days for him to return from...

However, I did not want to wait a few days for him to return from vacation to ask my question. So I came here to Tom's Hardware forums because you guys rock. I've always been happy with the responses I have received from these forums and have even shared the information you have provided with my technician. In many cases he already "knew that" which leads me to believe he follows you folks too. :)
Nvidia has drivers available to download for cards going back more than 10 years. You won't get tech support for cards older than probably 4-5 years, but you have nothing to worry about when downloading drivers for such a new card as the RTX 2070 Super.

Solution

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Nvidia has drivers available to download for cards going back more than 10 years. You won't get tech support for cards older than probably 4-5 years, but you have nothing to worry about when downloading drivers for such a new card as the RTX 2070 Super.
Oh thank you very much for such a quick reply. As I said in my post, this forum rocks.

Thank you again.... :)