Question Will either RX 7600 or RX 6600 XT work for my system?

Dec 6, 2023
I am finally going to upgrade my relic of a PC but can't do it in one go and thus do the parts each month and going to start with the graphics card. I want to get either the RX7600 or RX6600 XT as they are very close in price and can afford.
Thus will they work in my current mainboard or not, if so, which one should I go for?
My current system is Intel I3-10300 , Asus Prime B460M-A , 8GB DDR4 ram (will get additional 8GB too) , GTX 750 Ti and 750 watt power supply. My concerns are that my current mainboard has got a PCI express 3 slot.
Any help would be appreciated.

turtletarget111

Honorable
Dec 24, 2018
The more mature architecture of the RX 7600 will give you better performance over the RX 6600XT. It's also newer, meaning longer driver support. Be aware that the Intel i3 10300 will kneecap both cards severely. If you can get 200 dollars or so together over the next few months, you can get a mid range CPU and motherboard to unlock the card's full performance. You might want to consider checking out the AMD Ryzen 5600 and the MSI B450M. For 200 bucks you'd be getting more CPU cores, much faster cores, and newer motherboard features. The CPU includes a box heat sink, and you can reuse your current memory and power supply. You can always pick up a DDR4 kit with low latency later down the line for around 50 bucks. Hope this helped, take care.

Last edited:
Either GPU will work fine with your mobo and CPU. Some games will allow full utilization of the GPU. Other games will be somewhat limited by the CPU, but still very playable. I think it's a good combo and definitely worth the $250 for the GPU upgrade. You can always upgrade your CPU later.

You might be better off getting a dual-channel (2x8GB) kit to ensure it will work. Mixing and matching RAM sticks does not always work.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS