Question Will event viewer show me if gpu overheating was cause of restart ?

rwh531

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
So my computer will randomly lose it's video feed, been doing it for roughly 2 years and it started a few months after I put in a new 1050ti. was never able to pinpoint the issue always assumed it was the video card or psu so recently dropped both parts in a brand new build and the problem persists

but here is the kicker. Been using a Vizio tv as a monitor and it also resets when the connection drops. and for a long time i was able to simply power cycle the tv to restore picture, however I now have to put the computer to sleep and wake it back up or hit the reset button to get the picture back and yes i've tested multiple hdmi inputs on the tv and replaced the hdmi cable itself, even put new paste on the gpu itself. the problems happens even when the gpu is not stressed, often happens when idle or low usage even at 28-40c and at this point i just want to replace the correct item as

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more information for context. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for your GPU, what were you using prior to the GTX1050Ti?

TRENDING THREADS