Question will everything here work with each other?

cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
Intel Core i3-8350K Desktop Processor 4 Cores up to 4.0 GHz unlocked LGA 1151 300 Series 91W

ZOTAC Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 OC 4GB GDDR5 128-Bit Gaming Graphics Card, Super Compact, ZT-T16500F-10L

ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case, Gaming Case with Blue LED for Desktop / PC and 3 Case Fans Pre-Installed, Front I/O Access Ports (CHALLENGER S)

MSI PRO Series Intel 8th Gen LGA 1151 M.2 D-Sub DVI DP USB 3.0 Gigabit LAN CFX ATX Motherboard (Z370-A PRO)

Patriot Memory VIPER 4 Series 3000MHz (PC4 24000) 8GB Dual Channel DDR4 Kit PV48G300C6K

Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 Socket 1156/1155 / 1151/1150 4-Pin Connector CPU Cooler with Aluminum Heatsink & 3.5-Inch Fan with Pre-Applied TRONSTORE Thermal Paste for Desktop PC Computer (TS2)

WD Blue 2TB PC Hard Drive - 5400 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD20EZAZ

Rosewill Gaming Power Supply/PSU, 1000 Watt (1000W) 80 Plus Bronze Certified PSU with Silent and Blue LED 135mm Fan and Auto Fan Speed Control, Semi-Modular Design, RBR-1000MS

sorry i just put all the names of the things because idk whats important. im pretty sure things will do fine with each other but i would like for other, smarter people to think things are fine too. any response will be greatly appreciated.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 Socket 1156/1155 / 1151/1150 4-Pin Connector CPU Cooler with Aluminum Heatsink & 3.5-Inch Fan with Pre-Applied TRONSTORE Thermal Paste for Desktop PC Computer (TS2)
What exact cooler is this?

WD Blue 2TB PC Hard Drive - 5400 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD20EZAZ
You'll have some speed limitations with a HDD, let alone a 5400 one. An SSD is almost a must nowadays.

Rosewill Gaming Power Supply/PSU, 1000 Watt (1000W) 80 Plus Bronze Certified PSU with Silent and Blue LED 135mm Fan and Auto Fan Speed Control, Semi-Modular Design, RBR-1000MS
1000W is significantly more than you'll ever need. Your system will run on 400W, let alone 1000W! Getting yourself a good quality 500/550W will be more than enough with headroom for upgrades.

cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
What exact cooler is this?

You'll have some speed limitations with a HDD, let alone a 5400 one. An SSD is almost a must nowadays.

1000W is significantly more than you'll ever need. Your system will run on 400W, let alone 1000W! Getting yourself a good quality 500/550W will be more than enough with headroom for upgrades.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y4146PJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2ZAMLHLMRFQXF&psc=1
^that is the cooler

what are speed limitations and can i use a 700w psu then?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
Well you're using a HDD instead of a SSD, and it's a slower RPM, so in effect, you're just getting a "slow" storage drive by today's standards.

700W is fine still - but still way more than you need, and as long as it's a good quality one my friend.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S7UU0UA/ref=twister_B017VSPBGQ
hows this psu? is this a good quality one?

and is the cooler good enough?
and whats bad about having a slow storage drive?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S7UU0UA/ref=twister_B017VSPBGQ
hows this psu? is this a good quality one?

and is the cooler good enough?
and whats bad about having a slow storage drive?
No the Rosewill Glacier series are one of their budget poorer quality lines, and obviously the last thing you should skrimp on in a PC is the PSU - I understand you have budgets, but the PSU is the last thing to go cheap on. The cheapest decent quality PSU is usually a Corsair CX model. In most countries, that is usually the cheapest PSU model worth recommending, it's not the best, but is decent.

The cooler is a stock intel 95TDP cooler. So it's the same cooler you WOULD get out of the box if it came with a stock cooler, if it were me, you can spend a tiny bit more and get a significantly better cooler. The K models are better with aftermarket coolers - such as a Deepcool Gammaxx 400 or Hyper Evo 212 for example.

A slow storage drive will simply mean:
  • Boot up and shut down will be slower
  • Games / application loads times will be significantly longer
  • Data transfer will be signficantly longer.
  • Some applications (for example open world games) may experience lag when new areas are loading.

For example an SSD could load a large game in 5/10 seconds - on that premise, a HDD could take 30 seconds or more. It massively depends on the application, but just gives you an idea. Nearly all modern PCs (especially gaming ones) have SSDs now.

cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
No the Rosewill Glacier series are one of their budget poorer quality lines, and obviously the last thing you should skrimp on in a PC is the PSU - I understand you have budgets, but the PSU is the last thing to go cheap on. The cheapest decent quality PSU is usually a Corsair CX model. In most countries, that is usually the cheapest PSU model worth recommending, it's not the best, but is decent.

The cooler is a stock intel 95TDP cooler. So it's the same cooler you WOULD get out of the box if it came with a stock cooler, if it were me, you can spend a tiny bit more and get a significantly better cooler. The K models are better with aftermarket coolers - such as a Deepcool Gammaxx 400 or Hyper Evo 212 for example.

A slow storage drive will simply mean:
  • Boot up and shut down will be slower
  • Games / application loads times will be significantly longer
  • Data transfer will be signficantly longer.
  • Some applications (for example open world games) may experience lag when new areas are loading.
For example an SSD could load a large game in 5/10 seconds - on that premise, a HDD could take 30 seconds or more. It massively depends on the application, but just gives you an idea. Nearly all modern PCs (especially gaming ones) have SSDs now.
well i have changed some things and ill list the things i have right now.

how does the setup look now? what else can i improve on?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yeah much better. The SSD will give a significant boost.
Obviously the i3 and 1650 are still lower end but assuming you already know this.

Again just to clarify, the Corsair RMi are a good series, but even a Corsair RM550i would be more than enough for you.
If you can spare the budget, a Seasonic PSU will probably give you a better warranty, but that's totally up to you, the RMi are good.

If you're planning on overclocking, you may want to look at the cooler like the Gammaxx or Hyper 212.

cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
Obviously the i3 and 1650 are still lower end but assuming you already know this.

Again just to clarify, the Corsair RMi are a good series, but even a Corsair RM550i would be more than enough for you.
If you can spare the budget, a Seasonic PSU will probably give you a better warranty, but that's totally up to you, the RMi are good.

If you're planning on overclocking, you may want to look at the cooler like the Gammaxx or Hyper 212.
i am going to overclock. do i need a better cooler for this? because i like that the cooler i have has the pins cuz that makes it easier to install. if i bought everything and put it all together would everything be compatible?

cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019

this cpu is better than my other one right?
https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i5-960...=B07HHLX1R8&psc=1&refRID=1WVHVSPVMTD02VB7AY24
and is this motherboard better?
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-MPG-Z390...+LGA+1151&qid=1562506963&s=electronics&sr=1-2

do i auctually need a better cpu cooler?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
yes the 9600K is significantly better than the i3. The i3 are ultimately lower range.
The Motherboard also works well with the 9600K.

Yes you'll want a better cooler for overclocking.

If you're looking at gaming higher end by jumping to the 9600K then you'll probably also want to double your RAM to 16GB.
The 9600K could probably then handle a better GPU also. But that can always be changed at a later date.

cheapdoggo

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
yes the 9600K is significantly better than the i3. The i3 are ultimately lower range.
The Motherboard also works well with the 9600K.

Yes you'll want a better cooler for overclocking.

If you're looking at gaming higher end by jumping to the 9600K then you'll probably also want to double your RAM to 16GB.
The 9600K could probably then handle a better GPU also. But that can always be changed at a later date.
i ended up changing my stuff again. this is really cool cuz now its like a whole new pc. ive started using pcpartpicker and its been really helpful. heres a list of my current build.

Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Cooler Master - Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Western Digital - Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Corsair - SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
anything else you can recommend?

Last edited: