Will everything work fine if i replace my motherboard with a new one or i have to replace something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star OS

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015
I think my PC name is Dell Studio XPS (Actually it looked a different pc beacuse the outside was changed. and actually Flatron L192WS is a monitor.)

So lets start.
I have exactly the same hardware as a Dell Studio XPS.
Can i replace that motherboard with this one or i will need to replace something after or before i put it in my damn old 2008 computer?

Here is the motherboard:
http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GA-F2A55M-HD2-Dual-link-D-sub-Motherboard/dp/B009O7YZAG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430328526&sr=8-1&keywords=uefi+motherboard

This is not enough information to go on. Which dell studio xps? There are different versions. We need this information so we can check the socket set of the motherboard to see if your old cpu will fit in the new motherboard.

Some of the dell studio xps are intel cpus, which means a motherboard for an amd cpu will not work. I do not know if all dell studio xps are intel or not, we need more information.

Star OS

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015

Oh f*ck (sorry), my dell studio xps has a intel cpu -.-

But it should work (maybe with replacements on other things) beacuse of... umm, uh the cpu is in the motherboard.

Just to say: Im pretty sure it fits, i have a bigger case (but not a dell studio xps one) and i already seen what is looks inside, it has a ton of space.

Star OS

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015

No need to know dude, its the same exact motherboard. The case just got bigger beacuse the Motherboard or cpu overheated and the motherboard was replaced with a new one but the same model brand and etc. For example, if it was a LG X790 (which doesn't even exist) motherboard, it would be replaced with a new LG X790 motherboard. The case had to be bigger, and it has more space.

USAFRet

Titan

If your machine has an Intel CPU, that AMD board will not work. Period. Can't happen.

Why are you changing the motherboard on a 7 year old system?

If the cpu is currently an intel, and you linked a motherboard that only works with amd cpu. I am confused, it is not the exact same motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS