Will external graphics card work on HP 15af131dx?

Jul 19, 2018
I want to setup external graphics card on my laptop HP 15-af131dx Energy Star.But first i have to sure that will my laptop can run external graphics card on my laptop via [NGFF Version] V8.0 EXP GDC Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock.Any help will appreciate.looking for this answer for years,thanks in advance

Laptop specifications:

processor-AMD A6-5200 2.00 GHz

graphics card-AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series

hard drive-500 gb

ram-8 gb & NGFF wifi port

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Which laptop do you have, specifically?

I would expect the Wifi module in a laptop of that era to use mPCIe rather than NGFF/M.2 form factors.

As for bandwidth, the requirements of a Wifi module vs a GPU are dramatically different. A Wifi module is likely x1 speeds (probably PCIe Gen2 in that laptop) so 500 MB/s . That'll severely cripple a GPU's performance, where the optimal bandwidth for a GPU of the era would be 4.0 GB/s or greater (PCIe Gen 2 x8).

That being said, the CPU &/or cost of the adapter + PSU + GPU is likely going to be of greater concern than the limited bandwidth available.

Jul 19, 2018
Thanks again for helping me,i appreciate it.Can you please tell me how can i check my wifi bandwidth & Wifi module and PCIe gen???I have HP notebook 15af131dx (ENERGY STAR) & NGFF type of wifi solt.MY wifi adapter may called-Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter,thanks in advance,waiting for your reply