[SOLVED] Will fluctuations cause PC to die?

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
So my entire neighborhood is having a voltage and fluctuations issues and i recently got a new PSU so will these fluctuations damage my PC or my PSU? with my old PSU when it fluctuates it just freezes the PC except the mouse and it will take a few mins for it to come back to normal. So will my PC die because of this fluctuations?

Solution
Yes highly possible, even top tier hardware dies from big fluctuations.... if your concern a lot, get yourself and UPS... if its happening really frequently.
If its once a month, its not that big deal, especially if the spikes in current are not that big.
Yes highly possible, even top tier hardware dies from big fluctuations.... if your concern a lot, get yourself and UPS... if its happening really frequently.
If its once a month, its not that big deal, especially if the spikes in current are not that big.

Solution

mrb00ce

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
And i looked at the voltage for my new PSU using hwmonitor and it said
+3.3V 3.408 V
+5V 5.112 V
are these number good?