Question Will FreeSync work if I connect GPU to Amplifier to Monitor?

Ronnie30

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2014
I've got a monitor that works at 60hz over displayport or 75hz with Freesync over HDMI. My HDMI is in use by my amp already, which provides audio (and acts as a second monitor. My Amp does have a monitor out, but I'm not sure what version HDMI (it's a Kenwood KRF-V7300D). If I connect my monitor to the monitor out port on the amp, will it still allow me to use 75Hz and FreeSync?

I've got a monitor that works at 60hz over displayport or 75hz with Freesync over HDMI. My HDMI is in use by my amp already, which provides audio (and acts as a second monitor. My Amp does have a monitor out, but I'm not sure what version HDMI (it's a Kenwood KRF-V7300D). If I connect my monitor to the monitor out port on the amp, will it still allow me to use 75Hz and FreeSync?
Probably depends more on how the amp works than anything else so just set it up and see if it works OK. If it doesn't you could get an HDMI audio extractor then route the extracted audio to the amp.

Ronnie30

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2014
Reviving this conversation with a follow up.
So to recap, my GPU only does Freesync/Adaptive Sync over DisplayPort but my monitor only does high refresh rates over HDMI. Can I use a HDMI to DP adaptor to enable FreeSync and higher refresh rates?