Itachi_1

Honorable
Dec 4, 2015
So there's a big sale in my local shop on monitors, and I can't quite decide which of the three would be the best for me (mainly gaming).
If it helps, my rig is quite good, and my GPU (Phoenix GLH 1080) does support G-Sync.

I would prefer to play on 1920x1080, as I don't really need more. However, all three of the monitors have refreshing raters 144 or 180 Hz, which would be a big jump from my today's 60Hz. The card is able to run modern games on MOSTLY ultra settings (without motion blur and some of those needlessly fancy things), so upgrading to a 144Hz monitor doesn't seem so safe to me.

The question is, though; How would the G-sync cope with it, if i buy one?

ID really suggest going to a 1440P monitor, the difference is quite huge. As far as GSync/Freesync it does help quite a bit to smooth out the image and remove or limit stuttering and tearing. Also keep in mind that many Freesync monitors are now also compatible (and many that aren't officially supported work just fine) with Nvidia cards and are usually much cheaper because of how Nvidia sets prices (aka price gouge).

Itachi_1

Honorable
Dec 4, 2015
ID really suggest going to a 1440P monitor, the difference is quite huge. As far as GSync/Freesync it does help quite a bit to smooth out the image and remove or limit stuttering and tearing. Also keep in mind that many Freesync monitors are now also compatible (and many that aren't officially supported work just fine) with Nvidia cards and are usually much cheaper because of how Nvidia sets prices (aka price gouge).

Thanks for the suggestion, but what's exactly so great about a 1440p monitor? As I said, my GPU just runs the games on very high at 1080p 60Hz, so going to a 1440p (with 1. possibly a higher refresh rate, because most of the monitors have that, and 2. a bigger size overall, since today's display is only 23") sounds just risky to my uneducated self.