Will games requiring Windows 8.1 run on 8?

Kinexir

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Hi , I just built a new gaming pc and installed windows 8 on it. New games that are being released have requirements of windows 7/8.1/10. Will They work on Windows 8?

Solution
Yes as you could even set a shortcut to run the game in windows 7 compatible mode. Just right click the shortcut and select properties. Then select compatible tab and you should see and option to run the program in compable mode with widows versions to use.
Windows 10 lets me do this going all way down to windows 98. My windows 7 has about the same starting with XP.

Kinexir

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017

Yes I will Upgrade soon but as of now if I want to play games like PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds which requires Windows 8.1 , will it run on 8?

Yes as you could even set a shortcut to run the game in windows 7 compatible mode. Just right click the shortcut and select properties. Then select compatible tab and you should see and option to run the program in compable mode with widows versions to use.
Windows 10 lets me do this going all way down to windows 98. My windows 7 has about the same starting with XP.

Solution