[SOLVED] Will Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X Motherboard be able to drive Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm.?

Pradeesh87

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Hello there,

I'm planning to buy Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm but i have not been able to find whether the mobo will be able to drive the headphones by default without using a dac/amp.

The mobo has ALC 1220-VB audio on it but no info about the impedance and such.

Will i be able to drive the 250ohm without any trouble or should i go for the 80ohm variant and if so will i be losing any audio experience by choosing it over the 250ohm variant.?

TiA!

Solution
Hello there,

I'm planning to buy Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm but i have not been able to find whether the mobo will be able to drive the headphones by default without using a dac/amp.

Will i be able to drive the 250ohm without any trouble or should i go for the 80ohm variant and if so will i be losing any audio experience by choosing it over the 250ohm variant.?

TiA!
A DAC isn't required. An AMP may be. The motherboard will attempt to drive it. Will it have rich sound or enough loudness? I don't know. Unless there is someone here with those headphones and a similar audio, you may not get an answer.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello there,

TiA!
A DAC isn't required. An AMP may be. The motherboard will attempt to drive it. Will it have rich sound or enough loudness? I don't know. Unless there is someone here with those headphones and a similar audio, you may not get an answer.

Reactions: Pradeesh87
Solution