[SOLVED] will gigabyte Z77 DS3H motherboard support a MSI N760 2GD5/OC video board

Dec 31, 2018
I want to install a MSI N760 2GD5/OC video board on my gigabyte Z77 DS3H motherboard. However when i install it, the monitors are blank (computer does boot up). I downloaded the driver for the video board before i installed the board. Any know if my motherboard will support the MSI N760 2GD5/OC video board?

Solution
Yes, it supports that card.

If you boot the computer up and move the cable from the graphics card to the outputs on the motherboard rear I/O panel is there a picture?
Ok, that tells me the BIOS is set to use the IGP first. You'll need to change that.

Go into your BIOS (hit Delete key IIRC during startup before the machine boots to windows) then click on the "Peripherals" tab. Find the "Init Display First" setting and set it to "PEG".
"Auto" should choose the GPU if the monitor cable is plugged into it and no display cables are plugged into the motherboard, but "PEG" ensures the correct graphics adapter is being used.

Dec 31, 2018

Ok

Are you using the same display cable that was working properly when plugged into the motherboard? (one single display cable being used for all these tests, that way we don't have to worry about monitor input settings being correct)

Did you plug in the two 6-pin power connectors on the side of the GPU?