[SOLVED] Will Graphics Cards not be used in the future?

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
Probably most of you will agree that integrated graphics are getting stronger over time, They will exceed Graphics Cards soon at some time of the future, Right? Because for example the Vega 8 and Vega 16 are powerful Integrated graphics, Not as powerful as RTX 2080 ti or any other high-end graphics cards, But its enough to play decent games, Also I believe that 2 nano-meter technology that will be released at some point of the future will make integrated graphics exceed Dedicated Graphics Cards, Right? Please tell me your opinion about this.

Solution
Probably most of you will agree that integrated graphics are getting stronger over time, They will exceed Graphics Cards soon at some time of the future, Right? Because for example the Vega 8 and Vega 16 are powerful Integrated graphics, Not as powerful as RTX 2080 ti or any other high-end graphics cards, But its enough to play decent games, Also I believe that 2 nano-meter technology that will be released at some point of the future will make integrated graphics exceed Dedicated Graphics Cards, Right? Please tell me your opinion about this.
An iGPU of the future will beat a dedicated GPU of today.
But a future dedicated GPU will still beat that future iGPU.

And game requirements will scale up to meet those future dedicated GPU's.
Probably most of you will agree that integrated graphics are getting stronger over time,
Yes. Integrated graphics are better than they used to be, but that really isn't saying all that much.

They will exceed Graphics Cards soon at some time of the future, Right?
Given the constraints of motherboard real estate, probably not. It still makes more sense to have have the graphics subsystem on a daughter board. There isn't much rationale to integrate graphics processing into the MB for anything but single board computer platforms, and systems that do not have an emphasis on graphics output.

Because for example the Vega 8 and Vega 16 are powerful Integrated graphics, Not as powerful as RTX 2080 ti or any other high-end graphics cards, But its enough to play decent games,
The flaw in the premise of "it's just good enough" is that is usually isn't.

Also I believe that 2 nano-meter technology that will be released at some point of the future will make integrated graphics exceed Dedicated Graphics Cards, Right?
Wrong.
Any advances that bring 2nM fabrication technology into the manufacturing sector will confer those same benefits upon the manufacture of dedicated graphics products. This will maintain the performance differential between integrated graphics and dedicated graphics hardware, thus preserving the demand for dedicated graphics processing products.

In short, anything you can do to make integrated graphics better will make dedicated graphics far better than an integrated graphics option.

Yes, but not just that.

I prefer to pair AMD processor and chipsets with nVidia graphics processing. Pushing the graphics subsystem into the motherboard removes the ability to tailor the final system configuration in a way that is commensurate with the tasks that the system will ultimately have to perform.

Because of the economics of manufacturing, integrated graphics will always be the low-end of the performance spectrum, and I demand a LOT more from my systems, despite the fact that I never do gaming.

That's why we have an I/O bus--to expand the capabilities of the system as a whole.

USAFRet

Titan
An iGPU of the future will beat a dedicated GPU of today.
But a future dedicated GPU will still beat that future iGPU.

And game requirements will scale up to meet those future dedicated GPU's.

Solution
With companies like Google pushing streaming, it's likelier that the reason you wouldn't need a graphics card is because the game is hosted elsewhere. For this to work, data caps need to be removed and bandwidth for the average person needs to be increased. It's a struggle between hardware manufacturers and streaming companies, who knows who'll win?

With companies like Google pushing streaming, it's likelier that the reason you wouldn't need a graphics card is because the game is hosted elsewhere. For this to work, data caps need to be removed and bandwidth for the average person needs to be increased. It's a struggle between hardware manufacturers and streaming companies, who knows who'll win?
Don't hold your breath on this.

This is like eGPU, GPU-in-a-box across the Internet. The ones currently sitting next to you are not getting rave reviews.