Will Gtx 1050 be good with my setup?

Oct 10, 2018
Currently my specs are: GT 710, Fx 4300, GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 motherboard and 8gb ram. I want to play most games like overwatch and fortnite. Will gtx 1050 be good with everything else as i want to play games at least 50fps medium graphics. If something recommend me better gpu's less than 120£ because i dont want to spend money on a new cpu etc

That GPU can run at medium settings over 60fps. But your CPU might be nottlenecking it so you might hit 50fps. In terms of comptaibility, it is compatible, but you will get a bottle neck. My advice would be to get it anyway, since when you'l upgrade your CPU in the future, it will work well together.

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017
The new GPU will be good matched with your current setup. 8Gb for gaming is pretty nice, cpu is good for now and motherboard is quite good aswell.

So if you are confident, get the 1050

the AMD RX 570 is also now in a good price range and better than the current gtx 1050, so consider that gpu aswell if it is in your price range...

Oct 10, 2018

Will it bottleneck my cpu more, less or the same? Thanks though ill think about it

Oct 10, 2018

ok thanks but will the gpu run good on most gpu intesive games such as overwatch? i dont mind not playing cpu intensive games like gta v.

Even if Overwatch is more GPU than CPU intensive. It's still not considered as very intensive (compared to AAA titles with crazy graphics).

The thing is at this point, since your CPU is bottle-necking your GPU. It won't matter much as you won't be using your GPU's full potential.

If you can, get the 1050Ti. That way when you will upgrade your CPU in the future, you will have a good enough GPU.

But the 1050 on a decent CPU that won't bottleneck it can run Fortnite on medium settings and get 100FPS.

Oct 10, 2018

Can you reccomend me any good cu's that will be good with the gtx 1050 and which are compatible with my motherboard?