[SOLVED] Will GTX 1070ti support Lenovo M81 desktop?

Abbas_Dhd

Reputable
Dec 17, 2016
hello guys,
so recently i got Lenovo M81 (prebuilt )for almost free.
it has i7 2600k and oem motherboard. Now lenovo motherboards have some GPU whitelist, and after little bit of research i found that most 10th series of gtx are supported. But there was no mention of gtx 1070ti, i was assuming it wouldn't be there in list since it was launched much later. So i want to confirm if it will work before committing to it.

please help me out guys!

Solution
I agree with you. but the name gtx 1070ti does exist in the list of supported gpus. so i was kinda worried.
nevertheless i am going to risk it.

thankyou very much for you input on this

Not a risk at all. If other Pascal GPUs work I'm 100% sure that the 1070ti will too... the only problem was the stock PSU, but you already solved that by upgrading to a CX550.

Abbas_Dhd

Reputable
Dec 17, 2016
It matters because the SFF uses a different PSU and also the small case will limit your upgrade options in terms of the GPU size.

In the SFF case a standard ATX PSU won't fit... so you're limited even more.

That's not a problem with your case though.

Can you post a picture with the PSU label?
Psu is not the issue as I'm using corsair cx 550 it can work just fine as long as gtx 1070 ti works of which Im not sure

Abbas_Dhd

Reputable
Dec 17, 2016
Well, if it works fine with other Pascal GPUs I don't see why the 1070ti wouldn't. Compatibility problems with Pascal or newer are usually found on LGA775 boards.
I agree with you. but the name gtx 1070ti does exist in the list of supported gpus. so i was kinda worried.

Not a risk at all. If other Pascal GPUs work I'm 100% sure that the 1070ti will too... the only problem was the stock PSU, but you already solved that by upgrading to a CX550.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS