Will have my memory in slot 0 and slot 1 be better than slot 0 and slot 3 (present configuration)?

G

Hi, i have a Asus AMD motherboard M5A97 , i have 2 sticks of 1866 ram one in slot 0 and one in slot 3 , would it make any difference if i put the slot 3 stick into slot 1 , so that they work better together ? or will it make no difference ?? e.g slot 0 and slot 1 ?

Solution
You want to have them in slots A2 and B2 (blue slots). If you have them in the A1 and B1 (black slots), it probably wont make a difference. The manual suggests A2 and B2 for 2 DIMMs but so long as you don't mix them like A1 and B2 or vice versa. You want to have them on similar slots to utilize dual channel access.

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
You want to have them in slots A2 and B2 (blue slots). If you have them in the A1 and B1 (black slots), it probably wont make a difference. The manual suggests A2 and B2 for 2 DIMMs but so long as you don't mix them like A1 and B2 or vice versa. You want to have them on similar slots to utilize dual channel access.

Solution
G

Hi , i have just checked my bios , i am in slot 1 and slot 3 , i think that means there in the same bank , as each slot is the same colour , e.g slot 1 is blue and slot 3 is blue...slot 0 is black and slot 2 is black.