Will Hyper 212 Evo fit my case?

Apr 26, 2018
My Case is Armaggeddon Tomo T100 Im planning to upgrade my heatsink from amd stock heatsink to Hyper 212 Evo I just wonder if it will fit my case since my case was Top Mounted PSU design

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I can't find any spec on the case itself, unfortunately.

I'd suggest measuring... Just grab a tape measure and run from the PCB of the motherboard to where the side panel would be -- see what kind of height clearance you have. The 212 EVO is 159mm tall. You'd want to see ~165mm minimum for perfect compatibility (don't want it too snug with the side panel).

Provided you have a full ATX motherboard in there, the top mounted PSU shouldn't be a concern for compatibility - the 212 EVO won't overhang the actual motherboard itself.

FWIW, maybe consider a Cryorig H7. Better performance, typically similar money, and better compatibility as it's only 145mm tall.

Apr 26, 2018
I've forgot to tell my PC Specs was.
Processor: AMD A8 7600
Memory Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury 1x8gb DDr3 1866mhz
Motherboard: MSI A68hm-e33 v2
Video Card: Sapphire R7 250 2gb Edition blue
Im just using this pc for both Work / Gaming also im not a hardcore gamer.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

What are we basing that on guys? Have you been able to find definitive spec?

Not saying it won't fit.... there's a pre-populated 120mm fan + a decent amount of space below.
But, after standoffs and the motherboard PCB it.... it's probably going to be pretty close.

I mean, if I had to guess, I'd guess it should be fine...... but I'd stop shy of saying it will definitively, unless I could find a spec'd product listing or review

TORO2007.jpg

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
That's what I'm asking, where did you find the dimensions/spec, I can't find much on it at all.

I assume you found somewhere linking those specific dimensions, so lets use those...

192mm is going to be it's widest point and, looking at the image here:
https://logitechcomputers.com/product/armaggeddon-tomo-t100-atx-gaming-casing/

1. Looks to me there's at least 1"/25mm for a cable management jut-out in the rear side panel
2. Motherboard tray will take a few mm, probably 5-6mm
3. ATX v2.1 requires a minimum height of 6mm for standoffs

So, 192mm at it's widest point less 25mm - 5mm - 6mm = 156mm, and that's a really basic calculation.
Not accounting for the other side panel, PCB thickness, and variances in construction etc.

Assuming I'm wrong, and there's not a full 1" for cable management (say only 1/2") that adds back 12mm or so (still need to account for the other side panel, PCB etc), it would be close, and would probably fit.

tl;dr Case dimensions do not guarantee cooler compatibility.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Are you suggesting the OP Mod a <$30 case to accommodate a budget cooler that, ultimately, doesn't offer better cooling performance than it's similarly priced, smaller competitors? :lol:

Between cost (if you don't have the relevant tools on hand), time and effort, I can't see why that would be a viable solution.

Realistically, a Pure Rock Slim is very similar money and, at 125mm tall, should have none of the clearance issues
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hyQRsY/be-quiet-pure-rock-slim-351-cfm-cpu-cooler-bk008

If youre upgrading soon anyway I wouldn't bother & I wouldn't risk the 212 evo
For one ive seen it not fit in a lot of cases that have 120mm rear fans , & secondly its a poor choice for am4 because it only mounts vertically with the fan facing the gpu.

Ryzen coolers are good enough as it stands .