[SOLVED] Will i be able to get maximum potential with B450M PRO-VDH MAX

Solution
Yes. It's not just the upgradability to consider. The MAX was revamped around the 3000 chipsets from its original design, little tweaks here and there. The difference being the Tomahawk is a step up in class from the Pro-VDH. Better VRM's, better phase control, better heatsinking etc. Figure on the Tomahawk being a little more Heavy Duty.

The Pro-VDH is perfect for a plug-n-play budget 3600 build, but if you plan on the abuse OC can wield, a stronger board will have better results and longetivity.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes. It's not just the upgradability to consider. The MAX was revamped around the 3000 chipsets from its original design, little tweaks here and there. The difference being the Tomahawk is a step up in class from the Pro-VDH. Better VRM's, better phase control, better heatsinking etc. Figure on the Tomahawk being a little more Heavy Duty.

The Pro-VDH is perfect for a plug-n-play budget 3600 build, but if you plan on the abuse OC can wield, a stronger board will have better results and longetivity.

Reactions: Hardoboiled
Solution
May 23, 2020

Thank you for the help and the quick reply, I'll be building in a few weeks. I'll have to think about investing a little more for the Tomahawk