[SOLVED] Will i be able to upgrade the gpu and psu of this ps?

May 13, 2021
HP 550-105na im looking to buy this computer and put a 960 or 750 ti in it but i dont know if psu is upgradable

Solution
Based on the spec sheets, the connections do not look proprietary and it is standard form factor. In which case you should be fine.
It does mark the PSU as uATX - which I am not entirely certain if it means it is a small form factor. But I believe it is just micro form factor. I suspect it is because the case is microATX, but most uATX cases will fit a standard ATX PSU.

Probably worth just opening up and double checking the size of the PSU, but I suspect it is standard ATX size.

Looks like both the GPU and PSU are upgradeable.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Based on the spec sheets, the connections do not look proprietary and it is standard form factor. In which case you should be fine.
It does mark the PSU as uATX - which I am not entirely certain if it means it is a small form factor. But I believe it is just micro form factor. I suspect it is because the case is microATX, but most uATX cases will fit a standard ATX PSU.

Probably worth just opening up and double checking the size of the PSU, but I suspect it is standard ATX size.

Looks like both the GPU and PSU are upgradeable.

Reactions: punkncat
Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Your issue will be that PSU. I am not even sure it would work with the 750ti and certainly not the 960.

Given the size of the motherboard we could assume standard ATX PSU, but would take a first hand look and see that it fits the same screw pattern/size AND has standard connectors for everything. From the motherboard picture it appears so, but....