Will I be able to upgrade to 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmberVortex

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
I have an old Dell Insprion 1545. On the sticker that has my product key it says I have "Windows 7 Home Prem OA". I believe that this is an OEM version of Windows 7. I have read that Windows 7 OEM versions will get a free upgrade. I just updated windows to the latest update, but do not see the "register for windows 10". Anyone care to help?
Thank you

Solution
If you have a legitimate copy of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, you can upgrade to 10 for free within 1 year. The only people who can't, are those with the Enterprise versions of those Windows versions. Those with a pirated copy can upgrade, but it will not make their copy legal.

Check your activation status in the System properties window in Control Panel. If you are activated, you shouldn't have a problem upgrading come July 29th. My gaming laptop is in the same boat. I know the license is valid (I just bought it a month ago - an MSI GS70 Stealth Pro) but the notification did not appear. I wouldn't worry about it.
If you have a legitimate copy of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, you can upgrade to 10 for free within 1 year. The only people who can't, are those with the Enterprise versions of those Windows versions. Those with a pirated copy can upgrade, but it will not make their copy legal.

Check your activation status in the System properties window in Control Panel. If you are activated, you shouldn't have a problem upgrading come July 29th. My gaming laptop is in the same boat. I know the license is valid (I just bought it a month ago - an MSI GS70 Stealth Pro) but the notification did not appear. I wouldn't worry about it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.