Will I be fine for now using an RTX 2070 paired with a Ryzen 2400g?

Calvin_27

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
A while back I ordered a 2400g system and I have been using the intergrated graphics but I have just ordered an RTX 2070 to put in my system.

Will this cause any significant bottlenecking? I am only aiming to hit 60 fps at 1080p with maxed out graphics on most games.

I will, in time be getting a monitor that can use the full potential of my graphics card but I basically just want to know is the 2400g capable of at least achieving 60 fps at 1080p with maxed graphics.

Solution
For 144hz gaming you really need the IPC and higher boost frequency overclocking capabilities of Intel. I also have a Ryzen system and it is great for smooth gameplay, however I realize you most likely aren't going to realistically be able to match frame rates to a 144hz monitor. Therefore I chose a 21x9 aspect ratio of a 1440p gsync ultra wide that refreshes to 100hz, which will be more than plenty for my system. It's all about finding balance. For me choosing an ultrawide will place a great amount of load on my gtx 1080ti and my Ryzen cpu can push enough to meet the demands of the 100hz refresh rate.

Calvin_27

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017

Yeah I know i'm going to get a 165hz gsync 1440p monitor when I can afford it, but getting and GPU was the thing I needed the most right now.

For 144hz gaming you really need the IPC and higher boost frequency overclocking capabilities of Intel. I also have a Ryzen system and it is great for smooth gameplay, however I realize you most likely aren't going to realistically be able to match frame rates to a 144hz monitor. Therefore I chose a 21x9 aspect ratio of a 1440p gsync ultra wide that refreshes to 100hz, which will be more than plenty for my system. It's all about finding balance. For me choosing an ultrawide will place a great amount of load on my gtx 1080ti and my Ryzen cpu can push enough to meet the demands of the 100hz refresh rate.

Solution

Calvin_27

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017

Thanks mate, I will take a look into this. I only have a B320 board which I would have to replace anyway when I upgrade my CPU so I might just make the switch over to intel when I upgrade my processor. However a monitor is my next port of call.

TRENDING THREADS