[SOLVED] Will I get any visible screen tearing?

Aug 8, 2018
If you have a 144Hz, 1080p monitor - would you get any visible screen tearing at all?
When I was purchasing a PC, I was leaning towards a Radeon, for FreeSync on my monitor.
We eventually bought a 2600X and a 1060 6GB (More frames for less).

Would a 1060 6GB and 2600X have any tearing on a 144Hz 1080p monitor?

Solution
Tearing is highly subjective. Some people are more sensitive to it than others. So we can't tell you if you'll see tearing with that combo - you have to see for yourself to judge. If you don't have Freesync or G-sync, tearing will be present. But whether the high framerate hides it from your perception depends on your eyes, your brain, the monitor, and the game (it's more visible if the framerate gets close to an integer fraction of the refresh rate).
Tearing is highly subjective. Some people are more sensitive to it than others. So we can't tell you if you'll see tearing with that combo - you have to see for yourself to judge. If you don't have Freesync or G-sync, tearing will be present. But whether the high framerate hides it from your perception depends on your eyes, your brain, the monitor, and the game (it's more visible if the framerate gets close to an integer fraction of the refresh rate).

Solution