[SOLVED] Will i get better perfomanceif i change my OS hdd to an ssd while having an hdd for games?

May 30, 2020
Right now i have a Sata 2 HDD as my OS hdd its 80 gb 3gbs sata 2 and a second one which is sata 3 7200rpm 500gb
if i change my hdd to an ssd will i get better perfomance?
(I know that if i put an ssd can open my pc faster but im asking for games perfomance)

Solution
the only thing it will help is load time. once the game is loaded into ram to be run, then your hdd has nothing to do with how it runs.

so you won't see better fps or anything like that, just less time waiting for a level to load.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the only thing it will help is load time. once the game is loaded into ram to be run, then your hdd has nothing to do with how it runs.

so you won't see better fps or anything like that, just less time waiting for a level to load.

Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i actually have a cs900 ssd myself. as you noted it's nice and cheap :)

i don't waste time on benchmarks and all that number chasing but it is noticeably faster than the spinning drives i also have. it's a nice entry level price to the fast world of ssd :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i understand that. my new mobo has 2 nvme slots and eventually if i find a good enough sale, i'll try one out myself.

but they seem to have a lot of issues booting based on all the threads in the forum i see. so who knows what i'll actually end up doing

good luck and enjoy the new ssd :)