will i get proplems if i clean instal windows to my ssd without to

sosolola

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
unplug all of my 4 hdds ?

I hate to do a clean install because everytime I need to open my case unplug my hdds install windows then plug hdds again

a lot of wires which take a lot of time

my question

what if I installed windows to my ssd without to unplug my hdds

will I get proplems

like slow down if files copied to my hdd during the instlation of windows ?

like windows will wait to my hdd if any system files copied to the hdd ?

does windows 10 still throw some files on other HDDs if they were plugged in during the instlation of windows 10 even if I point it to my ssd ?

Solution
Personally I've done numerous installs to SSDs without unplugging the other hard drives. Then I open the Control Panel's System applet and set the boot default like I want it. I also find EasyBCD handy in some cases for this purpose. It's really a matter of personal preference, bearing in mind that your BCD (Boot Configuration Data) may not be on the SSD this way.

Good luck.

alexkensit

Respectable
May 14, 2016
Hi,

I recommend you do unplug your hard drives. You shouldn't need to reinstall very often. Why are you doiing a clean install? What windows are you running?

Sometimes Windows, being Windows, will put files on different drives, so yes you should unplug them.
Alex Kensit

Hi

The problem often occurs if a bootable windows hard disk is found durring the installation that drives boot manager partition may be used again
You may not find out until that other disk is erased , removed or dies

Hence general advice to disconnect other hard drives during clean install
Regards
Mike Barnes

Personally I've done numerous installs to SSDs without unplugging the other hard drives. Then I open the Control Panel's System applet and set the boot default like I want it. I also find EasyBCD handy in some cases for this purpose. It's really a matter of personal preference, bearing in mind that your BCD (Boot Configuration Data) may not be on the SSD this way.

Good luck.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS