Will I get roughly the same fps if I connect my laptop to a TV of the same resolution?

Dead_Voxel

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
I'm planning to stream my laptop display which is 1080p to a 1080p TV so I can stream movies, videos, and games. Since the displays are the same resolution, will I get roughly the same frame rate streaming games to my TV as playing on the laptop itself (assuming I turn off my laptop screen while streaming it to my TV)?

Solution
errm that depends. first you need to make sure the cable supports the proposed frame rate and resolution. lately i've noticed apparently compatible setups going under the frame rate they should. if this happens to you go into you graphic settings while your plugged into the tv and adjust the hz up to max

ComputerGeek21

Honorable
Aug 5, 2017
errm that depends. first you need to make sure the cable supports the proposed frame rate and resolution. lately i've noticed apparently compatible setups going under the frame rate they should. if this happens to you go into you graphic settings while your plugged into the tv and adjust the hz up to max

Solution