Will I have compatibility issues with this build?

Jun 28, 2018
I have all of the parts except the SSD, and I'm not sure if any of the ports/slots will be occupied (as I'm not 100% familiar with the motherboard makeup and am getting it assembled professionally). Will the SSD fit fine with the m.2 compatibility, or will there be problems due to a possibly occupied sata 6 slot?

afhjsg.jpg

Solution
Looks nice to me. All quality parts, shouldn't be any compatability issues whatsoever. There's not enough Sata used to worry about the M.2, what it does is trade usage. Instead of a regular Sata drive hooking upto a Sata port, when the M.2 is populated, it co-opts a Sata port. So you use either M.2 or Sata but not both. You are only using 2 out of 6,so no worries either way.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Looks nice to me. All quality parts, shouldn't be any compatability issues whatsoever. There's not enough Sata used to worry about the M.2, what it does is trade usage. Instead of a regular Sata drive hooking upto a Sata port, when the M.2 is populated, it co-opts a Sata port. So you use either M.2 or Sata but not both. You are only using 2 out of 6,so no worries either way.

Solution