[SOLVED] will i have problems with this prebuild ?

xJesserX

Reputable
Jul 6, 2019
  • Case: Aerocool AirHawk Duo
  • Processor: Intel I7 9700K
  • Motherboard: MSI H310M PRO-VD plus
  • RAM : 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHZ
  • Graphics card: PNY RTX 2060 SUP 8G DUAL FAN
  • Hard Drive: SSD PNY XLR8 SERIES CS3030 PCIE NVME 500 GB
  • Power supply: AZZA PSAZ-650W 80Plus Bronze
  • Watercooling: COOLER MASTER MASTERLIQUID ML120
will this system work fine ? i'm not interested in overclocking and i need a new pc asap and with my budget i can get this .

Solution
thank you for ur answers and your time , last question : will the psu cause any problems to cpu or gpu ? i mean azza is unknown brand but its 80 + bronze
While SI's do cut corners in places to cut costs, the psu at least, is adequate for the parts it shipped with.
If you want to change the gpu, for example, expect to have to replace it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
IMO, it looks mostly ok, until I get to this:
  • Watercooling: COOLER MASTER MASTERLIQUID ML120
Bloody system integrators, I swear... following the stupid TDP rating to a T.
That is not good enough for a 9700K. A 240mm AIO or big air cooler would be better.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
so i will get over heat problems ? + can i put the old hdd of my system with that nvme ( with no system but with 3 partetions )
1)Under heavy load, yeah, the cpu would be looking at 80C+.
It has to do with system integrators following Intel's TDP ratings. They are technically correct with pairing that 120mm AIO with the 9700K, but the problem is that the TDP rating only accounts for operating at base frequency, and nothing more.
Base for the 9700K is just 3.60ghz. Add in the Turbo Boost and all core boosts, and nope...
Just so you know, the popular Cooler Master Hyper 212 isn't enough for that chip.

2)Sure. I don't see why not.
The M.2 is going to slide in a slot on the motherboard, and the old HDD is just going to use a SATA port.
Oh, but if you have Windows on that old HDD, you will need to uninstall it, so it doesn't conflict with the OS on the new PC.