Will I lose my personal files when format PC using Windows 10 reset?

trytofindsomething

Prominent
May 29, 2017
I am planning to format my PC using Windows 10 reset tool. It has given the options "Keep my files" or "Remove everything". Now, I am gonna remove everything but I want to keep my files like photos and videos. The thing is, I keep my photos and videos on different HDD(second HDD) but I linked the photos and videos to that second HDD instead of my main HDD. I know mostly it will clean up the windows files and also the main HDD files. Will I lose my photos and videos that I linked to second HDD when i perform Remove everything with Windows 10 reset?

Solution
The golden rule is that you always keep your important stuff backed up to another hard drive, (preferably an external one that can be locked away for safety). With your data safely backed up it doesn't matter what happens to it when you do a reset.

So I'm saying back your data up before doing anything else, I'm surprised you don't have it backed up anyway - - I wouldn't be able to sleep nights with no backups.
The golden rule is that you always keep your important stuff backed up to another hard drive, (preferably an external one that can be locked away for safety). With your data safely backed up it doesn't matter what happens to it when you do a reset.

So I'm saying back your data up before doing anything else, I'm surprised you don't have it backed up anyway - - I wouldn't be able to sleep nights with no backups.

Solution

trytofindsomething

Prominent
May 29, 2017

Great! So that means the reset/clean up will ONLY do its job at OS's main installation drive right?

trytofindsomething

Prominent
May 29, 2017

Thank you! Yes I will do back up to my files first. I have backup for my important files, just not this one because it's still new PC XD

TRENDING THREADS