Question Will I lose the great ripple suppression with the Corsair 12vhpwr cable on my Corsair HX1200 connecting to an RTX 4080 or 4090

Wolverine2349

Prominent
Apr 26, 2022
The Corsair HX1200 power supply has great low ripple measurements:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-hx1200-psu,5102-9.html

Thanks to filtering caps on the included cables

However the cable here:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Premium-Individually-Sleeved-Type-4-12VHPWR-Cable/p/CP-8920331

Want to use that so do not have the insane cable clutter and cleaner power delivery to an NVIDIA Lovelace card without the stupid 4 8 PCI-E 6+2 pin adapter.

That cable does not appear bulky and thus it appears to not have the filtering caps.

I am trying to get best power delivery and ripple suppression as possible to an RTX 4080 or 4090 to mitigate/eliminate coil whine as much as possible. So is this going to take away the ripple suppression as it has no inline cap??

Of course rest of my PC will get the great ripple suppression as all other cables have filtering caps, but most power hungry and important component the Lovelace video card would be missing them from its cable.

Or is there a Corsair HX1200 PSU 12vhpwr cable that does have an inline cap for ripple suppression. If not how much will I lose.

And in such case would have to look to power supply that has great ripple suppression on its own without the filtering caps on the cables like the Super Flower Leadex SE Platinum 1000/1200 Watt or eVGA SuperNova P2 1000/1200 watts assuming I can even get a native 12vhpwr that will connect to such PSUs 8 pin ports from them.

I have considered Sea Sonic PX or TX Prime 1000 watt or 1300 watt but they look worse quality wise and have 18 gauged wires and their caps only rated up to 40C where as Corsair HX and SUper FLower Leadex platforms including themselves and eVGA SuperNOVA P2 units up to 50C and better quality per Johnny Guru and others at Linus Tech Tips. Plus the known tripping issues of high end video cards with SeaSonic Ultra Prime PSUs.

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
The Corsair HX1200 power supply has great low ripple measurements:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-hx1200-psu,5102-9.html

Thanks to filtering caps on the included cables

However the cable here:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Premium-Individually-Sleeved-Type-4-12VHPWR-Cable/p/CP-8920331

Want to use that so do not have the insane cable clutter and cleaner power delivery to an NVIDIA Lovelace card without the stupid 4 8 PCI-E 6+2 pin adapter.

That cable does not appear bulky and thus it appears to not have the filtering caps.

I am trying to get best power delivery and ripple suppression as possible to an RTX 4080 or 4090 to mitigate/eliminate coil whine as much as possible. So is this going to take away the ripple suppression as it has no inline cap??

Of course rest of my PC will get the great ripple suppression as all other cables have filtering caps, but most power hungry and important component the Lovelace video card would be missing them from its cable.

Or is there a Corsair HX1200 PSU 12vhpwr cable that does have an inline cap for ripple suppression. If not how much will I lose.

And in such case would have to look to power supply that has great ripple suppression on its own without the filtering caps on the cables like the Super Flower Leadex SE Platinum 1000/1200 Watt or eVGA SuperNova P2 1000/1200 watts assuming I can even get a native 12vhpwr that will connect to such PSUs 8 pin ports from them.

I have considered Sea Sonic PX or TX Prime 1000 watt or 1300 watt but they look worse quality wise and have 18 gauged wires and their caps only rated up to 40C where as Corsair HX and SUper FLower Leadex platforms including themselves and eVGA SuperNOVA P2 units up to 50C and better quality per Johnny Guru and others at Linus Tech Tips. Plus the known tripping issues of high end video cards with SeaSonic Ultra Prime PSUs.
The biggest thing I would verify is that the HX1200 you have is a "type 4" power supply. The quickest way to burn up hardware it to use the wrong cable.