[SOLVED] Will I need a bios update ?

May 28, 2020
I have a ryzen 3 3100 and I am thinking of buying a MSI B450 Pro M2 Max as the motherboard. Will I need a bios update for it to work with the cpu ? If yes then Which motherboard will not need a bios update to work with the cpu ? It should be closer to the price of the Pro M2 Max if I need another one ! Please reply ! Thank You.

Solution
I have a ryzen 3 3100 and I am thinking of buying a MSI B450 Pro M2 Max as the motherboard. Will I need a bios update for it to work with the cpu ? If yes then Which motherboard will not need a bios update to work with the cpu ? It should be closer to the price of the Pro M2 Max if I need another one ! Please reply ! Thank You.
Your board needs bios 7B84vA0, which is the first bios released for the board so it will work from the start. There are a number of bios updates for certain compatibility improvements, like improved memory and other device compatibility that you can download after building it, although it may come with a later version already installed.

RealBeast

Titan
Your board needs bios 7B84vA0, which is the first bios released for the board so it will work from the start. There are a number of bios updates for certain compatibility improvements, like improved memory and other device compatibility that you can download after building it, although it may come with a later version already installed.

Solution
May 28, 2020
Thank You that was helpful !!