[SOLVED] Will I need a product key after I install a new motherboard?

jorokitaeca

Commendable
Aug 21, 2019
I just bought a new motherboard and im about to install it.What I know is that I'll have to preinstall my win7. Will I need a product key? I'm not changing my hard drive or anything like that.

Solution
100$??? well my whole build that i spent 150 bucks on goes down the drain, no food for a week now. I know this sounds stupid (and it is) but I literally forgot what motherboard I bought.
Bro its easy...Just look on the motherboard(The new one)There should be Writing on the motherboard.
Like MSI or ASUS or Foxconn or Gigabyte any type of that.
Look at this Photo(Link)For an example to look where your motherboard manufactured name would be.
The photo(Link)Is an MSI Ms-7529 ===Use this
Use this for example

Bassplate

Reputable
Yes most likely you have to reenter your product key again.
Your going to have to reinstall windows 7 and reenter its product activation key.
If you had windows 10 it wouldn't have to reinstall the windows and wouldn't have to reenter the activation key.
NOTE If you have an Microsoft account on windows 7 you don't have to enter the product key again but only to Sigh in Microsoft again.

jorokitaeca

Commendable
Aug 21, 2019
'account' ?
That has nothing to do with a Win 7 license.

Why the motherboard change?

Unless it is a retail license that YOU purchased and installed, you will need a new license.
Why the motherboard change? Maybe because the max ram that I can hold is 4 gigs.Also I'm pairing an r7 360 with a Q8300. How much will a product key cost ,I'm poor as hell

jorokitaeca

Commendable
Aug 21, 2019
100$??? well my whole build that i spent 150 bucks on goes down the drain, no food for a week now. I know this sounds stupid (and it is) but I literally forgot what motherboard I bought.

Bassplate

Reputable
Bro its easy...Just look on the motherboard(The new one)There should be Writing on the motherboard.
Like MSI or ASUS or Foxconn or Gigabyte any type of that.
Look at this Photo(Link)For an example to look where your motherboard manufactured name would be.
The photo(Link)Is an MSI Ms-7529 ===Use this
Use this for example

Solution