Question Will I need to buy a new PSU for a 3080?

g-unit1111

Titan
I was thinking about this because I am going to get an EVGA 3080 when the supply starts to stabilize and we can buy them without having to buy bundled items. The PSU that I am currently using in my system is an EVGA G2 750W but it's from 2014 and I'm thinking that the capacitors have weared over this time. If I do wind up replacing the unit, what should I replace it with? I would get a Corsair RMX or EVGA G3 if available, and wattage doesn't really matter but I would think max 1KW for this particular setup. I do plan on buying a 1440P 34" ultrawide monitor to go with the setup in the next 6 months as well if that helps.

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
Sounds more like an statement than a question to me :sweatsmile:

ok, I have Corsair and am looking at EVGA G3 1kw spec. Evga's fan is 13cm while Corsair is 14
bigger fan needs less rpm to create same airflow. less rpm less noise.
also Corsair's warranty is 3 years longer.

g-unit1111

Titan
Sounds more like an statement than a question to me :sweatsmile:

ok, I have Corsair and am looking at EVGA G3 1kw spec. Evga's fan is 13cm while Corsair is 14
bigger fan needs less rpm to create same airflow. less rpm less noise.
also Corsair's warranty is 3 years longer.

Yeah I just replaced a Seasonic X750 from 2013 with a Corsair RMx750, they're pretty nice units. That's what got me wondering about this because I know that the 3080s are very power hungry graphics cards.