Will I regret going for a GTX 1060 6GB right now ?

4hsan4Z

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
So I have been planning to build a new PC because the one I am using is utter shit. Its been a while since Nvidia made any announcements about the new gen cards and considering I saved for about 7 LONG YEARS , I would obviously want the best bang for my buck .

One thing I am thinking would be buying all the other parts (A build with Ryzen 1600 and 8 GB DDR4 ) and use my old GT610 till the new gen Nvidia Cards arrive.

Any update about the announcements and your opinion on this situation would be of great help.

Thank you .

SethJPC

Distinguished
I would go for one now considering what you are playing on currently.
The earliest any Volta cards are tipped to be released from what I've read is mid August, but I assume once enough have been produced plus pricing and so forth that mainstream consumers will have to wait till nearer end of 2018. Even then, they'll likely release their '1180' or '2070' before the mid range model you are looking to buy - the 1060 was released 2 months after the 1080.
If everyone always waited for the next release noone would build any PCs, you'll be happy with the performance gained with a 1060 even if Nvidia do release new cards soon.