[SOLVED] Will i5-3470 bottleneck a Zotac 1650 Low Profile

Solution
To some extent, yes. But it isn't the end of the world if it does. I ran a GT 1030 with i5 3470 and my friend with an i3 7100 got slightly better results when I gave the card to him (7100 is a better CPU for playing games than the 3470). Then again, you're always being bottlenecked by something. So yes, you probably will probably be CPU limited, but you still gain performance by buying this over, say, a 1030 or something.

Out of curiosity, are you running an SFF HP Compaq system?
To some extent, yes. But it isn't the end of the world if it does. I ran a GT 1030 with i5 3470 and my friend with an i3 7100 got slightly better results when I gave the card to him (7100 is a better CPU for playing games than the 3470). Then again, you're always being bottlenecked by something. So yes, you probably will probably be CPU limited, but you still gain performance by buying this over, say, a 1030 or something.

Solution
Jan 21, 2020

Yeah 8300 elite. So, it wouldn’t bottleneck my gpu terribly, right?

Alright, thank you for the help!
Just keep in mind that HP did limit power on the PCIe slot to 25W on the 6300 SFF (The model I owned). They may have done so on the 8300 SFF, but if they did, they never mentioned it in documentation (which they did explicitly in the 6300 SFF documentation). It's very unlikely, but possible that they put a limit on this one as well. Just be on the lookout for inconsistent screen rendering and artifacts.

(which they did explicitly in the 6300 SFF documentation).
I take HP's explicit specifications with a huge grain of salt after I put 256GB of LRDIMMs in my z420 and it worked--supposedly this system can't take anything but ECC UDIMM only up to 64GB. Might be more of a case of 'unsupported' more than anything else, but they really do a HUGE disservice compared to what Dell will and won't tell you. I had thought my existin 32GB was pretty much maxed out. I only found out about the LRDIMM and RDIMM support by accident.

Reactions: extreme_noob