Question Will i5-3570 bottleneck with RX 580 4G?

No, not in the majority of titles.
Your I5 is a decent performing quad-core, which is good for most e-sports titles. Some demanding games from the battlefield or Assasins creed series might not play too well on the I5, but most games will.

Both CPU and Card are pretty good, but I wouldn't pair any better GPU with that I5

Reactions: Zelion

Zelion

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
No, not in the majority of titles.
Your I5 is a decent performing quad-core, which is good for most e-sports titles. Some demanding games from the battlefield or Assasins creed series might not play too well on the I5, but most games will.

Both CPU and Card are pretty good, but I wouldn't pair any better GPU with that I5
Thanks for the reply. What about the RX 570 8GB?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu can't bottleneck a gpu. Cpu sets the maximum fps. The gpu has to live upto that number according to resolution and detail settings. If the gpu is strong enough, it'll put up on screen everything the cpu gives it. If the gpu is weak, it'll only put up what it can, lowering detail settings will help raise that some. But no matter what, nothing a gpu does will ever make the fps limit given by the cpu go Up. The gpu gets what it gets.

You could put an RTX2080ti with that i5, doesn't mean that the cpu will slow the gpu down, just means the gpu is more than capable of putting up on the screen everything the i5 gives it, at any detail setting or resolution.

Pair that i5 with a GT710, and now you have a bottleneck since the gpu cannot put up on screen anything close to the amount of fps the cpu gives it, at any detail setting or resolution.

In most cases, the major source of any bottleneck is the game code itself. CSGO, 2 threads, no worries at 200-250fps. Gta:V, 8 thread optimized, different story on a quad, it's going to take a good sized hit. Assassin's Creed, any of the Uplay crap. Good luck there, they are so badly optimized you need serious horsepower in the pc to get decent results.

Gpu doesn't affect cpu fps limits. Game code does. And that includes things like scripted mods for fallout or skyrim or even minecraft.