[SOLVED] Will i5-8400 Bottleneck 2060 Super / 2070 Super?

Solution
The 8400 is a good CPU with 6 cores and will drive the 2070 Super well enough. As importantly when you do eventually upgrade the CPU to 9th Gen or AMD the RTX 2070 will only perform better so no issues. I would always buy the very best GPU you can afford as it should provide the very best gaming experience now and going forward.
The 8400 is a good CPU with 6 cores and will drive the 2070 Super well enough. As importantly when you do eventually upgrade the CPU to 9th Gen or AMD the RTX 2070 will only perform better so no issues. I would always buy the very best GPU you can afford as it should provide the very best gaming experience now and going forward.

Solution

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
Absolutely it should go 3 years and more and by then you should have upgraded your CPU!!...
Actually yes I will upgrade it in a year or so. The reason why I asked in the first place is if it will be fine for now. Also do you think a i7 9700K is a good CPU upgrade? Thanks in advance.

Actually yes I will upgrade it in a year or so. The reason why I asked in the first place is if it will be fine for now. Also do you think a i7 9700K is a good CPU upgrade? Thanks in advance.

No problems at all and the 9700K is about as good as it gets for gaming being just fractions behind the 9900K for gaming. The 9700K will also get the very best out of the RTX 2070 super...

Can I also ask something? They say that i5-8400 can bottleneck a GTX 1080 Ti but the 2070 Super is better so how come it can keep up with it? Or that was false information?
The term bottleneck is often misused/misleading. Even the best systems can cpu bottleneck in certain circumstances, the key is to get a good balance. However monitor resolution, the specific game and game settings can all make a bottleneck more or less likely and even if you have a bottleneck unless it’s significant then does it really matter.

In some circumstances a 2070S could bottleneck a 8400 but in others it won’t. Run a resolution higher than 1080p or a game with Ray Tracing and it’s unlikely you will suffer a bottleneck in current games.

Dimpayy

Great
May 20, 2019
The term bottleneck is often misused/misleading. Even the best systems can cpu bottleneck in certain circumstances, the key is to get a good balance. However monitor resolution, the specific game and game settings can all make a bottleneck more or less likely and even if you have a bottleneck unless it’s significant then does it really matter.

In some circumstances a 2070S could bottleneck a 8400 but in others it won’t. Run a resolution higher than 1080p or a game with Ray Tracing and it’s unlikely you will suffer a bottleneck in current games.
So is the 2070 Super i5-8400 a decent balance?