[SOLVED] Will i9-9900k work in my pc without problems?

Kyomkx9978

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
I have 1050ti gpu and Maximus v formula mother board and 5 cooling fans 2 in 3 out and DDR3 16 ram and 1000w silent pro power supply will the i9-9900k work fine? I'm currently using i7-3770k cpu.
I'm thinking of getting 1080ti gpu soon too.

Will the i9 and the 1080ti work fine and no problems?

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

The 9900K and 1080Ti will work fine together. However you will need a new motherboard and RAM.

Do you have a link to the PSU you have described? That's raising alarm bells currently.
I would never put high end components with a poor quality PSU, not sure which one it is though.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

The 9900K and 1080Ti will work fine together. However you will need a new motherboard and RAM.

Do you have a link to the PSU you have described? That's raising alarm bells currently.
I would never put high end components with a poor quality PSU, not sure which one it is though.

Last edited:
Solution

Kyomkx9978

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019

I would never put high end components with a poor quality PSU.
I thought my power supply is good someone told me it's very good
My power supply name is cooler master 1000w silent pro

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
As others have stated, unfortunately Intel changes the motherboard every two generations on average (sometimes every generation) and usually on average only offer 2 generations of forward/backward compatibility.

So you'll need a Z390 for the 9900K or the 9700K.

And as for the CM1000SP that was a really good PSU back in it's day, but depending on how much usage it's seen and how long it's been since it was first ever used you might be running a risk with it dying on you sooner than later.

But from an initial stand point and the specs of it, it's more than enough for both those CPU's and the GPU you mentioned, but like I said, it could fail you at any moment if it's seen too much usage after all this time.

So an answer to the questions about the PSU would help us to determine if it's worth still using.
(but chances are it is)

Also will need DDR4 memory.
The cheapest 16GB (2x8GB) kit of DDR4 in the US goes for $62.99 online retail right now.

--UPDATE--
Just saw your post, 6-7 years is a pretty good amount of time, but depends on how much usage it's seen and how much load on average was being put on it over the years at any given time.

Chances are though it's fine and you can continue to use it.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm not really sure because I got it from my brother maybe he had this pc for like 6/7 years
Well if he had it 7 years, and you've now kept hold of it, I'd be tempted to upgrade soon. 1000W is way more than you need so if you did upgrade you wouldn't need to go that far.

But PSUs have a shelf life. I can't comment on the quality exactly of that unit, however my suspicion would be that it was good for it's time, and you may need to consider upgrading this in the near future.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Okay are these stuff good together?
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (RAM)
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra (Mother board)
i9-9900K (CPU)
MSI 1050ti and in the future 1080ti (GPU)

And am I going to have heat problem with the cpu? 5 corsair fans
They will work fine together. Just also remember the 9900K also needs a new cooler and doesn't come with one.
The PSU may be something you'd want to upgrade sooner rather than later, and if you do, remember it doesn't need to be any where near 1000W.