Will i965 work in the US?

Ron

A friend will be traveling to Europe within the next few days and I am
wondering if the i965 will work here in the US. I realize that the
power cord will be different, but if I replaced the i965 cord with the
i960's....would this work?

Any other potentail problems?

In case you are wondering why I would want to do this.....

i965 has a CD tray to print directly onto CDs, the i960 does not. (I
know Epson makes one that has CD tray, but I like Canon printers
better)

On 14 Aug 2004 10:43:52 -0700, ron_mase@yahoo.com (ron) wrote:

>A friend will be traveling to Europe within the next few days and I am
>wondering if the i965 will work here in the US. I realize that the
>power cord will be different, but if I replaced the i965 cord with the
>i960's....would this work?
>
>Any other potentail problems?
>
>In case you are wondering why I would want to do this.....
>
>i965 has a CD tray to print directly onto CDs, the i960 does not. (I
>know Epson makes one that has CD tray, but I like Canon printers
>better)

If your printer will accept 120V ac 60 hz current, there should be no
problem. Look in your manual to see if it supports that power input

If it don't accept 120V you would just use a 120V/220V low wattage
transformer (about 30W) and it would be ok.

--

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"beezer" <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote in message
> On 14 Aug 2004 10:43:52 -0700, ron_mase@yahoo.com (ron) wrote:
>
> >A friend will be traveling to Europe within the next few days and I am
> >wondering if the i965 will work here in the US. I realize that the
> >power cord will be different, but if I replaced the i965 cord with the
> >i960's....would this work?
> >
> >Any other potentail problems?
> >
> >In case you are wondering why I would want to do this.....
> >
> >i965 has a CD tray to print directly onto CDs, the i960 does not. (I
> >know Epson makes one that has CD tray, but I like Canon printers
> >better)
>

> If your printer will accept 120V ac 60 hz current, there should be no
> problem. Look in your manual to see if it supports that power input

Most of the laptops and some computers have built-in
power supplies that atomatically recognize the
voltage and the frequency eliminating need for a
tarnsformer. All you need is a different power cord.
Don't printers have the same thing in them?

dick

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 03:10:27 GMT, "Bubba" <bubba654@aol.com> wrote:

>"beezer" <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote in message
>> On 14 Aug 2004 10:43:52 -0700, ron_mase@yahoo.com (ron) wrote:
>>
>> >A friend will be traveling to Europe within the next few days and I am
>> >wondering if the i965 will work here in the US. I realize that the
>> >power cord will be different, but if I replaced the i965 cord with the
>> >i960's....would this work?
>> >
>> >Any other potentail problems?
>> >
>> >In case you are wondering why I would want to do this.....
>> >
>> >i965 has a CD tray to print directly onto CDs, the i960 does not. (I
>> >know Epson makes one that has CD tray, but I like Canon printers
>> >better)
>>

>> If your printer will accept 120V ac 60 hz current, there should be no
>> problem. Look in your manual to see if it supports that power input
>>

>Most of the laptops and some computers have built-in
>power supplies that atomatically recognize the
>voltage and the frequency eliminating need for a
>tarnsformer. All you need is a different power cord.
>Don't printers have the same thing in them?

The Canon site in Australia shows the power requirements to be
220-240VAC. Sounds like it will take more than just a different cord.

"Bubba" <bubba654@aol.com> wrote in message

> "beezer" <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote in message
> > On 14 Aug 2004 10:43:52 -0700, ron_mase@yahoo.com (ron) wrote:
> >
> > >A friend will be traveling to Europe within the next few days and I am
> > >wondering if the i965 will work here in the US. I realize that the
> > >power cord will be different, but if I replaced the i965 cord with the
> > >i960's....would this work?
> > >
> > >Any other potentail problems?
> > >
> > >In case you are wondering why I would want to do this.....
> > >
> > >i965 has a CD tray to print directly onto CDs, the i960 does not. (I
> > >know Epson makes one that has CD tray, but I like Canon printers
> > >better)
> >

> > If your printer will accept 120V ac 60 hz current, there should be no
> > problem. Look in your manual to see if it supports that power input
> >

> Most of the laptops and some computers have built-in
> power supplies that atomatically recognize the
> voltage and the frequency eliminating need for a
> tarnsformer. All you need is a different power cord.
> Don't printers have the same thing in them?

Canon's portables (BJC-55/85 and i70/80 do have the autoswitching power
adapter, the desktop Bubble-Jet units do not.