will increasing ram automatically increase shared memory on integrated video cards ?

Prakharj

Commendable
May 5, 2016
Hello everyone ,
I have 1 gb ram at present and no discrete graphic card . I am thinking of buying 2 *2gb kingston 800 mhz ram thus total 4 gb ram . I have intel 945GM chipset integrated graphic card with 64 mb system video memory and 190 mb shared system memory . processor is intel pentium dual core e2160 1.8 ghz ( but it runs at 1.5 ghz dont know why )

I have following questions if could please answer :-
1 Will the shared system video memory increase automatically if i installed 4 GB ram ?
I have used 2 GB ram previously but the shared memory was the same (190 MB) so I am
wondering if 4 GB ram will increase it or not .
2 my windows experience index are :-
processor 4.2 memory 4.2 graphics 2.4 gaming graphics 3 hard drive 4.3
a) will the index for graphics and gaming graphics increase ?
b) how much performance boost can i aspect in web surfing and gaming ( at present i
can play igi 2 at very low settings and resolution )
3 i run win 7 ultimate 32 bit , is it worth it to run 64 bit in 4gb ram ? does the processor work
double fast in 64 bit ? may be this is the reason my processor only running at 1.5 ghz when
it is supposed to run at 1.8 ghz?
4 is it possible to increase shared memory if it doesn't increase automatically ?
(my bios does not support any type of overclocking or voltage changing whatsoever and i
found no settings about shared memory )

I am sorry to ask so many questions and you could obviously chose to answer only few of them .
I sincerely thank you for your time and concern .

Solution
1) The 945GMA can address up to 224MB depending on the exact version (this chipset was a poor performer when it came out.)
2) The actual increase in RAM for the whole system ought to help odds are you are doing a lot of writing to the page file with only 1GB of RAM. performance GPUwise anyway I doubt will increase
3)64 bit advantage is to address more than 4GB of RAM.
4)The only way to adjust that is the BIOS

engineer5261

Reputable
Apr 26, 2016
1) It should dynamically adjust when required I believe.
2 a) no it will not increase
2 b) Surfing should become faster, and performance gain in IGI2 depends on how the game is designed, should get some FPS increase but cant say for sure.
3) 32-bit only has addressing space of 4 GB, and hence you will not be able to utilize ALL of your RAM @ 32 bit (will probably utilize around 3.75 gigs I think)
4) i'm not sure, i really think it should dynamically adjust

Advice to OP: get a cheap and old used graphic card, even something for 20-30$ will be better than intel 945GMA

Prakharj

Commendable
May 5, 2016

thank you for replying

1) The 945GMA can address up to 224MB depending on the exact version (this chipset was a poor performer when it came out.)
2) The actual increase in RAM for the whole system ought to help odds are you are doing a lot of writing to the page file with only 1GB of RAM. performance GPUwise anyway I doubt will increase
3)64 bit advantage is to address more than 4GB of RAM.
4)The only way to adjust that is the BIOS

Solution

Prakharj

Commendable
May 5, 2016

Thank you.