Will Intel GMA 950 run Vista - well?

kenneth_k

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Yeah, that's my question: An Intel GMA 950 ingerated graphics solution in my notebook - will that be sufficient to run even Premium versions of Windows Vista?

The thing is, that I have also considered purchasing a notebook with NVIDIA GeForce GO 7600 graphics, but if I'm not much into gaming but more focus on video, what's in it for me?

ElPolloDiablo

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Why do you keep posting?

Intel GMA sucks. Windows Vista will have cool 3D effects that you will probably want to use. 7600 is awesome compared to the Intel GMA.

Do you know that Intel spends about $8 per module in your laptop?

Why are you so anti-gaming?

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
You should read my other post.

But just as a note, if u want to only do video encoding/decoding then ur going to need a better graphics card anyway, but why are u getting Vista for that?
Vista is like a mid-end game, it requires the same system performance as a game released around 2003 or maybe a bit later.

So why do u care so much abt Vista and not abt gaming? Its just a prettier version of XP, just like every new game is a prettier version of an older one, with some new features, just like Vista.

There is NO way that card will let u run Vista, because it actually takes away from ur overall system performance when it feels it needs to, and with Vista it will need to all the time (if not more), so getting a new graphics card is a must.

barnettgs

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2003
Ha, I find it odd that Vista can not run on GMA 950 when latest version of Apple OS X can with its special visual effects on Macbook & MiniMac.

But thats Microsoft for you! :lol:

klsdivan

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2008
The GMA 950 will run Vista, but you won' be able to use Aero or anything that requires and small amount of graphics power.

As someone said XP will run it much better and as the GMA will not run DX10 I cant think of any reason to go Vista.

Shaqwave3

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Lol Im am running an aero theme on gma 950!!
You liers!
Just disable it and close backround apps so you can get more FPS on games and your pc
I played Terraria,GTA San Andreas,Counter Strike 1.6,and Half life 1

CPU:Intel Dual Core T2050
GPU:Intel GMA 950
Ram:2 GB

Dont believe what they say just find who experieced vista

And Sownload Advanced Syatem Care to boost your pc even more

the only issue I can see with vista is no support why don't know but you may now find that something will show support for XP-7-8 but not vista this is the only reason I had to get off it and before all this came up I preferred it over 7 overall and you will here you can force 7 drivers to work in vista but that's your call to see on that