Question Will intel i5 2320 bottleneck gtx 1660 oc

LUKA NOVAK

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
Does i5 2320 bottleneck gtx 1660. If so, how much is the approximate bottleneck percentage?
Memory: 8GB, Psu:600w
Thanks

LUKA NOVAK

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
Yes. Percentage will vary greatly depending on the game. You could get the GPU and get a better CPU later, like i5-3570 or i7-3770 if you can find them in the used market for decent price.
I am not looking to upgrade my cpu right now, i will build a new pc someday. I just want to the get the strongest gpu to pair with my cpu for 1080p gaming, with as little bottleneck. Should i rather buy gtx 1050ti, 1060 6gb?

What are you aiming for with game performance? Your cpu is well below the minimum recommended for most AAA games from the last few years. So depending on the games and your expectations it may be you won't achieve what you want without a cpu upgrade regardless of gpu choice.

I think i am better off buying an rx 580, its only like 20 dollars more expensive, but it gets like 10 more fps performance.
Fair point but remember the cpu determines the best FPS you can achieve. The GPU determines at what resolution and game settings you can achieve that FPS at. In cpu heavier games from the last few years it’s likely you won’t see any fps difference between the 2 cards. The 580 will however be better when you are able to upgrade the cpu.

A 7 year old i5 will most definitely limit your fame rates to half (or less) of those possible with newer/faster processors...

That does not mean get a weak GPU, but, only get a 1660/1660Ti if you plan on upgrading everything else shortly afterward....

(Food for thought: The new Ryzens are out in 22 days....!)

Reactions: WildCard999