[SOLVED] Will internal (4-pin F_Audio header) speaker give info for restart loop

Sep 25, 2022
Can I use a troubleshooting speaker (The one that beeps POST error codes) if I did not install a driver for it? I never had one of these so I did not set it up in the bios or operating system, and am unable to reach either now, so am hoping it can work on its own. I believe both my main and backup bios are corrupted. This is because the reboot loop started right after changing a bios setting, saving bios settings, and restarting, and because playing around with other components has done nothing.

My GA-B250M-DS3H motherboard continuously reboots, restarting before reaching the bios screen. I have tested each stick of ram in each slot, I have removed the GPU and the hard-drive, but nothing is working. I have removed the CMOS battery and used the BIOS reset pins that are shorted with a flathead screwdriver, more than once. The length of time the fan stays on changes slightly when the bios is reset, but immediately returns to previous malfunction and restarts.

It has dual-bios and I have tried the two typical methods of forcing activation of backup bios. I even tried the more risky version where you place a jumper on pins 1 and 6 of main bios and power on computer. The only thing I can think to do is buy a motherboard with return policy, see if my other components work on that one. Thanks for reading.

Solution
Firstly that speaker doesn't need driver to work. You just plug it in.

Secondly the speaker only beeps when the Bios detects some hardware errors, once the operating system took over it will have no use at all.
Sep 25, 2022
Firstly that speaker doesn't need driver to work. You just plug it in.

Secondly the speaker only beeps when the Bios detects some hardware errors, once the operating system took over it will have no use at all.
Then it should be worth a try. The thing seems pretty scewed up, I'm not sure if it is even capable of registering errors anymore, but we will see. Thanks for info.

Reactions: lvt
Sep 25, 2022
Did you check to see if the Power or Reset button is stuck?

If unsure just remove the front power cables from the motherboard then use the screwdriver blade to jump-start.
I tried this and it unfortunately did not work. After the jumping of pins 1 and 6, the motherboard, it has behaved in a consistent way. The board lights up, all fans startup, then it shuts down after about 30 seconds, remains shut down for about 5 seconds, then boots up again.

I tried this and it unfortunately did not work. After the jumping of pins 1 and 6, the motherboard, it has behaved in a consistent way. The board lights up, all fans startup, then it shuts down after about 30 seconds, remains shut down for about 5 seconds, then boots up again.

So technically you are just one step before replacing the motherboard, it's to check the PSU.

I used this ATX power tester that I bought on eBay 10 years ago for $5. It never fails me.

The upgraded tester has a LCD display.

Any folk who likes tinkering with his PC should have one like this.

A4RE_131795697011763226amkliQxISH.jpg

Sep 25, 2022
So technically you are just one step before replacing the motherboard, it's to check the PSU.

I used this ATX power tester that I bought on eBay 10 years ago for $5. It never fails me.

The upgraded tester has a LCD display.

Any folk who likes tinkering with his PC should have one like this.

A4RE_131795697011763226amkliQxISH.jpg
Nice, I will try that. I also want to get a POST diagnostic card.