Question Will it be better?

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
Hi guys, I currently have a Corsair Spec Omega as my case, also a Cooler Master Hyper 212 and plus two system fans, I was wondering if it is a good idea to remove the glass from the front panel to help the airflow with my Ryzen 5 3600X and my EVGA RTX 2070 Super (I can't test the temps right now because I'm traveling) I'd like an opinion

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
Hi guys, I currently have a Corsair Spec Omega as my case, also a Cooler Master Hyper 212 and plus two system fans, I was wondering if it is a good idea to remove the glass from the front panel to help the airflow with my Ryzen 5 3600X and my EVGA RTX 2070 Super (I can't test the temps right now because I'm traveling) I'd like an opinion
No plans on OC mainly for gaming

DSzymborski

Titan
I'd ask when you're done traveling. The case doesn't have a very large intake, but you can't attest to an actual problem without knowing the temperatures. If there was a mesh panel with a dust filter, you could do that, but I'm not sure if something like that is available on a case that is fairly non-standard in shape.

But really, see if you have a problem before you swap something that might be a problem for another issue; you may have more airflow without anything in the front, but you'll also have a giant opening that's an easy way to accumulate dust inside your PC.

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
I'd ask when you're done traveling. The case doesn't have a very large intake, but you can't attest to an actual problem without knowing the temperatures. If there was a mesh panel with a dust filter, you could do that, but I'm not sure if something like that is available on a case that is fairly non-standard in shape.

But really, see if you have a problem before you swap something that might be a problem for another issue; you may have more airflow without anything in the front, but you'll also have a giant opening that's an easy way to accumulate dust inside your PC.
I'll check that but on second thought I don't think it's gonna be a major problem

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
If your temperatures are an issue, you might get more of a benefit with a cooler upgrade than removing the glass. I'd rather not have you take the glass out of your very cool looking case!
Nah I really don't think temps are going to be bad at all I was just trying to find problems I guess. After all thanks for the help ( and advice) , you seem to be a very nice guy if you want we can add each other on discord and play some games