Will it be compatible? and also how do i fix my PC problem?

s6lid

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I'm only 14 and don't have much money so i am buying a cpu cooler that is $10.

What I'm buying is a "Coolerman 2heatpipe Twin fan" CPU Cooler from china
The reason why im buying a cooler is because my PC has been having some CPU problems lately and it shuts down when im playing large games such as
Grand Theft Auto V, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and Garry's Mod. but i was able to play these games fine before my pc was starting to have problems.

Will it be compatible and fit with my motherboard and cpu?
Motherboard - msi FM2-A55M-E33
Cpu - amd A8-5600K

Some guy said it might by my CPU overheating and shutting down my pc, here is the HWinfo results, so thats why im buying a cheap cooler for now.
7CqXpw5.png

My problem : There are no "Shutting down" screens or anything, the monitor and the pc just instantly and randomly shuts down (when playing
the games that i listed) like it stopped working or there is a power outage.

Here is a review for the cheap cooler that im getting.
Youtube Review

There's the possibility it might not be much better than the stock cooler. But is it certain heating is the issue? Use AMD Overdrive to check your thermal margins (which really should have been the first thing someone tells you when using those older AMD CPUs because other temperature monitors are inaccurate).

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/amd-overdrive

After installing AMD Overdrive check what your 'thermal margins' are when under 100% load; there's an option in AMD Overdrive to stress test the CPU. Thermal margin is the headroom to overheating: the hotter the CPU, the lower the thermal margin. Let's eliminate overheating as a cause for the issues you're experiencing first and proceed from there.

s6lid

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
There's the possibility it might not be much better than the stock cooler. But is it certain heating is the issue? Use AMD Overdrive to check your thermal margins (which really should have been the first thing someone tells you when using those older AMD CPUs because other temperature monitors are inaccurate).

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/amd-overdrive

After installing AMD Overdrive check what your 'thermal margins' are when under 100% load; there's an option in AMD Overdrive to stress test the CPU. Thermal margin is the headroom to overheating: the hotter the CPU, the lower the thermal margin. Let's eliminate overheating as a cause for the issues you're experiencing first and proceed from there.

I cleaned my PC then installed AMD Overdrive, i did the stress test and the thermal margin dropped at 6.4°C while running all CPUs at 100%, now that i have cleaned my PC i will try to play the games that i listed and see if my PC still shuts down, if not then thank you for helping me fix my overheating issue.

Temperatures after cleaning my pc :
RGSTWKS.png

cHyEAXN.png

It hasn't hit the point of dangerous levels with a thermal margin of 6.4 deg. C on 100% load. Ideally could be cooler but not dangerous. I would suggest you check with HWiNFO to see if the reading there also drops from what you previously reported.

If the PC still shuts down, then the next thing to look at will be the PSU. If it comes to that you can use HWiNFO to check up on the motherboard voltages to see if they're good. At this point we'd look at the 3V, 5V and 12V readings, with min/max values being +/-5%, +/-5%, and +/-10% of the ideal value.

s6lid

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I have fixed my overheating issue by cleaning my PC after 3 years, i played GTA V, and CS:GO with my friends and these games didn't shutdown my pc while i was on the loading screen like it usually did before i cleaned my pc.

I can happily play games now without any shut downs but my last question is will the CPU cooler be compatible and fit on my motherboard?, i want to get the coldest temperature possible for my PC using the CPU cooler so i could lessen the chances of it overheating and shutting down again, that is why im buying a new CPU cooler.

The cooler, from watching the vid, shows it's compatible with the cpu you have.

That being said, the chance of a $10 cooler outperforming a stock cooler is very slim. You said you don't have much $$, I suggest not wasting what you do have. Try and save a little more and buy a cooler in the $20-40 range, and know you'll get results. For now if you can game, do so. Enjoy the system for now and save your pennies!

TRENDING THREADS