Will it be compatible?

nosreme

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
So, I'm thinking of buying a HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz 4GB of RAM. But I don't know if it will be compatible.
Here are my specs.

Motherboard: ASRock N68C-GS FX
Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 260
Current RAM: 2GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 730

So will it be possible? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Solution
That's exactly what I meant, yes. If you get new memory, only use the new memory and don't mix it with your old 2GB. If you wish, you can still try to mix them, sure (no hardware damage is possible, after all) - but there are no guarantees that the system will be stable. If you get blue screens, resets, crashes, no POST after power on, motherboard beeping and screen black - just remove the 2GB and leave only 4GB inside.

The other option is to get 2 identical 4GB sticks and use them for best compatibility.
Your mobo supports DDR3 memory up to 1600MHz - if you purchase any RAM faster than that, it would still work, but at 1600MHz. If there is no price difference between 1600 and 1866, then get 1866, otherwise you will pay for extra frequency you won't be able to use anyway. In any case, do not worry - there is almost zero difference in practice between 1600 and 1866MHz memory for most users.

nosreme

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Thanks man! Im new at PC building also what do you mean by "Do not mix your new ram with the current one" does that mean I wont be able to use my old ram? (it wont add up?) like it wouldnt be 6GB of ram?

That's exactly what I meant, yes. If you get new memory, only use the new memory and don't mix it with your old 2GB. If you wish, you can still try to mix them, sure (no hardware damage is possible, after all) - but there are no guarantees that the system will be stable. If you get blue screens, resets, crashes, no POST after power on, motherboard beeping and screen black - just remove the 2GB and leave only 4GB inside.

The other option is to get 2 identical 4GB sticks and use them for best compatibility.

Solution
Technically, that RAM would work, but please do not use it :) It is some cheapo unbranded Chinese RAM - and you most certainly don't want that crappy memory in your computer. My recommendation is to stick with proven and reliable memory brands (Kingston, Corsair, G.Skill... to name a few).

nosreme

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Okay. So I've been trying to find a better one to get 8gb of ram. https://pcx.com.ph/product/kingston-8gb-ddr3-pc1600-sodimm-lovo-kvr16ls118-memory/ will this be good?

You cannot use this memory, for 2 reasons:

1) It is SODIMM, a shorter version designed for laptops, and you cannot even physically plug it in
2) It is 8GB, and your motherboard supports 8GB overall in both slots, meaning your only option is 2x4GB and that is the highest the mobo will ever go.