MatthewJamess

Reputable
Aug 24, 2020
Hi! I currently have an ASUS H97M-E motherboard, paired with an Intel Core I5 4460. This is a PC that was built years ago, with the sole purpose of getting me through high school, as I had a PS4 for gaming. However, I'm now getting into the PC gaming world, and the first thing I need to get is a graphics card. After watching countless reviews and exploring every single hardware store in my country, I've set on buying a 2060 KO Ultra 6gb from EVGA, which is the greatest opcion available that I can afford, while giving me plenty of room for upgrades on other components along the way. But because there is such a big age difference between my GPU and the rest of the PC, I'm affraid there might be some sort of incompatibility problem, specially on my motherboard's BIOS. Does anyone know wether or not I will have any problems with this upgrade? All comments will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
No compatibility issues, as long as it physically fits into your case and you have the PSU connections needed you will be fine.

Just be sure to delete all of the old GPU drivers and best to have the new driver already downloaded for after installation of the new GPU.

RealBeast

Titan
No compatibility issues, as long as it physically fits into your case and you have the PSU connections needed you will be fine.

Just be sure to delete all of the old GPU drivers and best to have the new driver already downloaded for after installation of the new GPU.

Reactions: MatthewJamess
Solution