[SOLVED] will it bottleneck??

Aug 2, 2019
I want to upgrade my gpu
my specs :
Monitor - 1080p, 60hz
CPU - i5 7500
Mainboard - MSI B250 pro
Ram - 8 gb ddr4
PSU - Tharmaltake Toughpower 750w 80+ Gold (Moduler)
GPU(current) - Gygabyte GTX 1050ti windforce

Now I want to upgrade my GPU to RTX 2060 Super
My question is will it be a balanced upgrade or my pc will bottleneck?Should I buy this card?If not which other card you prefer for my pc?

Sorry for my bad English...

Last edited:
Solution
There's two methods of thought on how people go about answering the question in the OP:
  1. When people say no there will be no bottleneck, what they are really trying to tell you is yes, this is a reasonable paring between the processor and the graphics card (Internal components).
  2. Then you get another type of answer which is where I tend to agree with, which is "It depends on what you're going to be using your system for." Because it really does boil down to the use case of the system.
If we are strictly talking bout gaming, there are two major types of games out there:
  1. Triple A titles like Battlefield V which call of medium to high end component hardware.
  2. Esports titles that most medium lower end systems can still...
Not likely. I just bought an RX 5700, which is pretty similar and don't find any bottlenecking in single player games with my cpu. Large maps in multiplayer with lots of players you might get high cpu usage, but it should still perform reasonably well. Considering you have a 1080p 60hz monitor, you will not be getting all that card has to give.... That card is probably better balanced toward 144hz and/or 1440p monitors.

Are you finding that you are currently getting below 60fps in any titles? if so which ones? and do you play with vsync on or off? Will you be upgrading your monitor at any time?

maybe answering these questions will help decide an upgrade path...

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Aug 2, 2019
Not likely. I just bought an RX 5700, which is pretty similar and don't find any bottlenecking in single player games with my cpu. Large maps in multiplayer with lots of players you might get high cpu usage, but it should still perform reasonably well. Considering you have a 1080p 60hz monitor, you will not be getting all that card has to give.... That card is probably better balanced toward 144hz and/or 1440p monitors.

Are you finding that you are currently getting below 60fps in any titles? if so which ones? and do you play with vsync on or off? Will you be upgrading your monitor at any time?

maybe answering these questions will help decide an upgrade path...

5700 xt were my first choise but I'm little concerned about the tamparature, I have seen many benchmark test. Temparature is close to 80, sometimes even above 85...Is this temparature normal??Compare to this RTX 2060 give temparature 48 - 60 celcious..

Yes my current gpu gtx 1050ti is struggeling to give me 60 fps at 1080p...specially games like ROTR, Rage 2, Metro Exodus....I usually play with vsync turned off..I won't upgrading my monitor any time soon..Probably 1 - 1.5 years later maybe..

I also thought about buying RX 580 cause it is way more powerful than my current gpu. But I dont think it would benefit me that much as game hardware requirement will increase significantly after nextgen console release.
So I need a gpu that can give me 60 or above fps at high or ultra setting atleast 2 years..

So, what do you think? Should I buy 2060 super or wait couple of months more?

Other thing to take into account is a bottleneck is not necessarily a problem. I’m confident there will be one in cpu heavy games. However will the bottleneck be severe enough to be detrimental to the gaming experience, in most games no but say BF1 or BFV multiplayer and a few others possibly depends how fussy you are about FPS drops below 60.

Reactions: iam2thecrowe
There's two methods of thought on how people go about answering the question in the OP:
  1. When people say no there will be no bottleneck, what they are really trying to tell you is yes, this is a reasonable paring between the processor and the graphics card (Internal components).
  2. Then you get another type of answer which is where I tend to agree with, which is "It depends on what you're going to be using your system for." Because it really does boil down to the use case of the system.
If we are strictly talking bout gaming, there are two major types of games out there:
  1. Triple A titles like Battlefield V which call of medium to high end component hardware.
  2. Esports titles that most medium lower end systems can still play with significantly high fps.
For most recent release, triple A titles that whole entire system would APPEAR to have a CPU bottleneck, because most of those games are optimized for more than 4 cores and you would see your processor at full load and as a result FPS will dip lower than the 60hz refresh rate of your 1080p panel.
For most ESports titles, like CSGO this system would be absolutely great, though it isn't necessary but FPS would be able to exceed the monitor's refresh rate and there wouldn't be any hardware component limitations.

Conclusion:
It is important to make sure your graphical settings are configured to at least match fps to your 60hz 1080p panel, however no amount of graphical setting configuration will be able to avoid FPS dipping lower than 60 via the latest triple A titles, as these titles are optimizing for more than 4 cores/4 threads.
For triple A titles, yes your CPU will bound the rest of your system, however Esports titles will be a great experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: MahinMasud
Solution