Question Will it bottleneck ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
Hey,

so i consider tu buy laptop (lenovo idepad gaming 3) which have i5 10300h,16gb ddr4 ram,1650ti,512gb m.2 nvme ssd...)

So i want to know two things is this good laptop?
And will i5 10300h bottleneck 1650 ti gpu or viceversa? Thanks

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
The laptop I linked you has a Ryzen 7 and a 1660ti, within your budget.

1650ti is much better than a 1650 non ti.

yes i see thanks but i am from croatia and i want to buy it so i can pay montly for laptop,in my country is more expensive...

om*g i cant choose what to buy...

acer and asus all of them tuf,rog string,aspire.... are with 1650ti/non ti, i5,i7, ryzen 5/7 price go to about 1200€...
And lenovo is only i5,i7 with 1650,1650ti...

so now i dont know which to buy...

I can link you the site but i think you cant translate from croatia to english...

www.links.hr here it is

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
I did some looking and found this. It has freedos on it, but I am sure you could format it, and put windows on it, using a USB stick setup with the Microsoft Media Creation Tool.

https://www.links.hr/hr/prijenosno-...50ti-4gb-15-6-ips-fhd-freedos-plavo-015000502

yes this is the exact same laptop i wanna buy...
I have arledy bootable usb stick so no worry thanks :)

i am sorry but need to ask eh... :/

is this laptop good for gaming?
Is better then (what i post and ask) asus tuf?asus rog strig?acer aspire,acer NITRO 5...etc??
Do i buy this or simmilar laptop (not lenovo) with ryzen cpu?

what about temp/fps of this two cpus r5 4600h and i5 10300h??differenc?

becouse if i want r7 or i7 i got less ram and nonti gpu for more money so i think r7 and i7 is out...
But i need your opinion on all of this :)
Thanks very much for helping me
(Lenovo with i7 10750h have 8gb of ram i can buy 8gb more not problem but it have 1650nonti) omfg i dont know what to buy...intel or amd,ti or non ti,stronger cpu and nonti or little weeker cpu and ti gpu ....

(now you see all laptops on this website (links) this is why i asking you)

Last edited:

logainofhades

Titan
With a 1650ti it isn't going to matter whether you have Intel, or AMD. The GPU would be the limiting factor. For gaming graphics, 99% of the time, is king, as long as the CPU can keep up, which with that class of GPU, would not be an issue. The 4600h might prove useful in titles than can take advantage of the extra cores, and threads, but still not convinced it would help enough, given the gpu.

I personally use a Lenovo Legion. I have this model, but I got it on a big discount, at Microcenter.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Legion-Processor-GeForce-Keyboard/dp/B089S9FMLH

Reactions: Matoo69

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
With a 1650ti it isn't going to matter whether you have Intel, or AMD. The GPU would be the limiting factor. For gaming graphics, 99% of the time, is king, as long as the CPU can keep up, which with that class of GPU, would not be an issue. The 4600h might prove useful in titles than can take advantage of the extra cores, and threads, but still not convinced it would help enough, given the gpu.

yes i understand thanks

but what about temp of this two cpu i5 10300h and r5 4600h??

do you prefer to buy i7 with nonti 1650 or ryzen 7 with nonti or r5,i5 with TI version of gpu?

and what model lenovo,asus rog,tuf,acer aspire,rog string?
This few questions are my last questions thank you :)

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
Like this one but i dont know about cooling,reliablity...ect
Li k: https://www.links.hr/hr/prijenosno-...tx-1650ti-4gb-15-6-ips-fhd-dos-crno-015000483

or this: https://www.links.hr/hr/prijenosno-...gtx-1650-4gb-15-6-ips-fhd-dos-plavo-015000466

This: https://www.links.hr/hr/prijenosno-...1650-4gb-15-6-ips-fhd-freedos-plavo-015000446

And what lenovo,asus,acer what model is best...

you have link of web site,i just wana know whitch laptop to buy,what are the temperature of this cpu does intel work cooler or amd...

are this acer nitro 5 good or not... etc :)

sry for being annoying...

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017

I personally use a Lenovo Legion. I have this model, but I got it on a big discount, at Microcenter.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Legion-Processor-GeForce-Keyboard/dp/B089S9FMLH
I cant see what you link, what specs are your laptop?

i know legion is great but i dont have that much money for it... :(
This is why i been asking this much,temp of this cou,what laptop,whitch model i mean acer,asus,lenovo...
Whitch cpu/gpu...
What is best to buy... i send you the links of stronger cpu,but less ram etc.. so pleaee check all and tell me :) thanks man you are awesome

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
Laptops in this tier are going to be on shared heatsinks anyway, so I believe it'll be down to the exterior design of the package.
A large ventilation area at the bottom like the model logainofhades linked from Amazon would be more preferable.
I know but ehh expensive a little or in my country very expensive...

i will use cooling pad anyway,but temp when idle/gaming on this two cpu is the same?or intel/amd cooler/better?

who have better design,better quality etc..

lenovo idepad gaming 3,asus tuf/rog string,or acer nitro 5... i post and you have links of all of this up there thanks

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I was just saying.
If those are too much... well, it can't be helped. Gotta work with what you can.

Don't worry about idle - that won't get you anywhere. If Ryzen mobile is anything like Ryzen 3000/5000 desktop, it'll only cause you more confusion.

who have better design,better quality etc..
Doesn't matter. As I posted earlier, they get their parts from pretty much the same sources, but they add their own 'flavor' to 'em, for better/worse...
Go with the one who's likely to have your back if things go south.

I REALLY like how there's no pictures of multiple angles, especially the bottom... thanks retailers.
I'm going to have to look for pictures elsewhere...

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
Ok thanks..

And so the finall and last what to chose?buy?

lenovo idepad gaming 3 with i5,1650ti,16gb ram,etc...

or another laptoop with i5/ryzen? Thanks :)

link it pleaee (www.links.hr) max price 7500/7600hrk or 1000/1050eur..on this website i link thanks

Last edited:

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017

ok thanks man (i read and watch and heard that asus tuf i not good and have terrible cooling so asus not)

i will buy this acer that you link it or lenovo idepad gaming 3 that you link earlier...

about cooling,it is the same? Ty

so you all wana say that if i buy rayzen or intel it dosent matter for gaming becouse of the gpu??

so if i buy (becouse i found one) 1650 nonti but cpu is i7 10750h it dosent matter? Or?

Last edited:

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
See if you can find some reviews on them.

i see on youtube but eh idk...
I realy think that ryzen 5 is cooler then i5...i dont think is had to do with laptop model (acer,lenovo) but myb i am wrong,also i se on acer nitro lower temp lower fps with ryzen on gta 5 but on i5 on lenovo higher temp but also higher fps...omg heelp heheh