will it damage components if vibration and fluids are exposed to them while still in shipping box?

alpha_2000

Honorable
Jul 17, 2016
i ask this because my living situation currently isnt very good im living in a garage turned apartment and someone handles the mail on the property problem is is one of the people who lives in the house on the property walks heavy hence why i ask about vibration and fluids well id rather not go into detail so can and/or will it damage components including the case while still in the box?

Solution
I think he's asking about parts being shipped not a pc. The boxes get thrown around and get a lot more vibration being shipped than what a person does walking. There isn't going to be enough fluid to go through the shipping box then the component box unless you throw it in the river or leave it in heavy rain for multiple hours.

Sedivy

Estimable
Short answer is yes. CPU cooler (and for good measure also the gpu) should be left unmounted. If you're talking about a custom liquid cooling setup in your system, then definitely do not transport anywhere no matter who moves it, without draining/disassembling it.

I think he's asking about parts being shipped not a pc. The boxes get thrown around and get a lot more vibration being shipped than what a person does walking. There isn't going to be enough fluid to go through the shipping box then the component box unless you throw it in the river or leave it in heavy rain for multiple hours.

Solution
the only part that cant be tossed or dropped are hard drive they break. with your mail issue spend the money get a mailboxes ext or ups mail box for a short time intill your set up in a real home. it keep boxes and mail from sitting outside where the weather or someone can walk off with them.